D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By eg6-dohc-vtec
#326786 Hello everyone,

I'm from the u.k, and currently drive a eg3 with a jdm d15b single vtec,

The swap consists of

P08 ecu
Eg5 main dash loom (eg5 the model that has the d16z6 motor)
Jdm d15b engine/box with original engine loom,

After I installed the swap I got NO cel codes, so as I'm about todo the
Ignition timing using a strobe light gun, I bridge the cel check plug
And I get a code 20, ELECTRONIC LOAD DETECTOR.

The cel light only turns on when I bridge the cel check plug?

After reading/searching around various forums, I believed the eld is located in the main under hood fuse box so I got hold of a different fuse box and installed it but still got the code 20?..

Is there any other way I can set the ignition timing without having to bridge
The service/cell plug? And am I right in thinking that " in order to set the ignition timing with the strobe light I need a solid lit cell light?."

I'm getting around 28 mpg u.k (4.5 liters in 1 gallon) that's driving like a grandad. Car is idling at 850/900 rpm when fully warm,

1 more thing when I unplug the lambda/ oxygen sensor I get no cel light?
Is that normal with the p08? And voltage check at the lambda is 0.47ish or could it be a faulty lambda/oxy sensor?

Also I've got no charcoal canister? Could that cause bad mpg and unbernt veil smell from the exhaust or fuel tank itself?

Sorry for all the questions, just really baffled as I just want the motor to run beutifuly. Thank you.
By teal_dx
eg6-dohc-vtec wrote:Also I've got no charcoal canister? Could that cause bad mpg and unbernt veil smell from the exhaust or fuel tank itself?

absolutely.

As for the ELD issue... this will be a tough one.
You already replaced the ELD, so it sounds like that is not the problem.

Here's a flow chart for diagnosing the code 20:

By eg6-dohc-vtec
#326961 Thank you teal-dx, will try this tomorrow morning, also will reconnect the charcoal canisters back up again. Thank you.
By eg6-dohc-vtec
#326962 Is there any other way I could set the ignition timing with the strobe light without having to jump the cel check plug?