D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By rustyrex
#326688 I am trying to find a new CAI for my 95 hatch with a D16A6 swap. But, i dont kow what to buy. The hatch is a CX and i know the TB for the stock motor is alot smaller than the A6. would a CAI for a 92-92 civic with the 1.6 work?
By rustyrex
#326707 anybody?
By teal_dx
#326710 They usually come with a silicone/rubber reducer coupler that goes from the pipe to the TB. So maybe the seller is putting a different coupler in the kit, depending on the model it is for. :?

If they are different size throttle bodies, it would only be by a mm or two. I thought that all 92-95 D series were the same size though ... the CX intake manifold is a lot smaller than the EX/Si.
By Fada Blayne
#326712 Modify ur factory airbox and use it :thumb:
By rustyrex
#326714 My a6 tb is like 20 mm bigger than the stock cx one.
By Fada Blayne
#326722 Well i do agree that the CX one is pretty small but if possible just find an LS/Gsr factory box and modify it to your liking. It will perform better than both the factory cx box as well as that CAI ur thinking about.
By teal_dx
rustyrex wrote:My a6 tb is like 20 mm bigger than the stock cx one.

On you mean the outer edge of the lip where the hose goes... I was thinking of the inner dia.
By rustyrex
#326739 Yeah where the silicone coupler slide over the tb. The cx is a lot smaller than the a6. I don't want to use a factory air box. I don't have room for it. I have my msd coil and a second battery mounted where the factor air box goes. I need something small and round giggity.
By rustyrex
#326762 so should i just but one that fits a 92-95 civic?