D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By reaperstk
#326516 Ok guys, now i got the old one out as it was a pain in the A. i put the new ones on the valve cover slide it on to the head and i find out it wont go flush with the spark plug hole, i was thinking i may have put it in upside down or the wrong way into the valve cover. does anyone have a picture of the seals how they sit inside the valve cover. its a d16z6
By reaperstk
#326520 Actually the old ones were very bad. theres no way to compare them, but it does fit the valve cover with a little tap. it came with the valve cover rubber seal in a kit at auto advance. I took one out and tried it on the spark plug hole and it seems that the inner circle is a little big, but at the same time it fits inside the valve cover :?
By HeikDiesel
#326525 Image

You should have recieved #8
12342-RYE-004

They go with the most surface area towards the cylinder head.
By reaperstk
#326526 Yes thats the one i got, so it goes in just like the pic right? Cuz if so i had it upside down lol
By reaperstk
#326528 N thanks guys ill give it another try in the morning, also where are you guys gettingthese diagrams from
By HeikDiesel
reaperstk wrote:Yes thats the one i got, so it goes in just like the pic right? Cuz if so i had it upside down lol

Yes just like it looks in the picture.