D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 2strokrsmoke86
#326116 Okay. So ive owndd a few swaps. Always bought not built. This is my intro to honda building. Its a vx with a z6. I like it because its not intimadating to work on. First night i had it it broke down. Came full of spare parts. Checked air fuel and spark. No spark. Changed my dizzy on thd side of the road. It was so rewarding hearing it start. The car was gutted besides the front and back seats. So i was planning on using it as a d.d untill i got enough balls to dig into a b swap. It came with a f22a1. Btw. I dont know much about that besides theG swap. But anyhow. I like the d. I want to build it up and eventually take out the d and put it in a nice clean dd and turn this vx into a drag car. Aftermarket parts are limited to used stuff. The d has paperwork that it has 87 k. Came with i/obx headers/ebay exhaust. P28 ecu.00 ex tranny.
Okay what im thinking is.
350 bucks for a z6 head with springs.retainers.guides 3 angle valve job. And ported by a rochester speed shop. (Craigslist)
200 for a crower stage 2 and aem adj cam gear.It has scratches on journals which scares me.(craigslist)
I can get my engine bored for two hundrdish
P29 pistons
Then maybe find a intake manifold or sick ass headers when i get extra cash or see a deal
oh and pherable tune till i get cash for dyno.q

Any advice would be apprecited . Or spare parts laying around. Im not building it to race and i want to build a engine. Before i boost one. This is a learninf experince. Im doing all the work myself with help from father in law.