D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Migu3l-EG sedan
#324799 ok i just bought a d16z6 shortblock with internals takedn out. new rods(could be forged) vitara pistions. now how do i know what kinda head i have. he said it was a y8 but i dunno! i dont want to order the wrong parts for it. i still need the bearings for the rods and the arp bolts for the head. so im not too crazy about time. i just want to know if there are any markings that would tell you what head you have. its for a daily so i want something that wont take too much time and money. also would help in picking the right ecu for that engine.
By teal_dx
#324801 D15b7- PM9 DX
D15b8- PM8 CX
D15z1- PO7 VX
D16a6- PM3 Si
D16z6- PO8 EX
D16y5- P2J VX
D16y7- P2F DX
D16y8- P2J EX

On the head, there will be a stamp between the #3 ans #4 exhaust ports:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/1031875.jpg

ex.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5100/5418 ... 32a2_z.jpg
By Migu3l-EG sedan
#324807 ok cool ill take a look at it when i get home. on another note would it be safe to use the same valvetrain with the setup i have on the bottom end? forgerd rods and the vitiara pistions, and bluprinted crank. the head will be rebuilt and refurbished before i drop it on the block.
By Fada Blayne
#324808 What type of valvetrain is inside the head? The answer to your question may vary depending on the answer to my question. As for the ECU I'd suggest you invest in an s300 unit it only makes sense :). Are you planning on going turbo or anything to that effect?

Good luck on the build! :thumb:
By Migu3l-EG sedan
#324834 Its going to be the stock valvetrain. Just polished that's all. Unless if I find out that I cant ise some of thebold valves then I guess ill have to get a new set. :? Yeah I might think about boost later on. I do want a s300 or better but idk yet. I just need somethkng to survive for the summer at least. I want to get a daily so that I can get rid of my current DD due to the fact I stil owe 2000ish on a wreked pice of crap. I prefer to spen the 2000 on the civic.