D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By slater
#324201 i own a 92 vx hatch the owner before me dropped a jdm d15b single stage vtec engine and had a po8 intake put in and had a virgin p06 ecu in it ranv kinda of shity had low bumpy idle and would run kinda boggy under 4000 and it had no bulb in the check engine light

since then i have done the followin
- i had problems with dizzy and replaced it
-converted the 5 wire o2 sensor to a 4 wire bosh o2 sesnor and this help with pulling at 4000 rpms thing and helped steady it out throughout the rpm range
- then converted the ecu to vtec and chipped it (this was about only two days after converting the o2 sensor) and had xenocron put a p08 basemap loaded on the chip after doing this it ran FUCKING AMAZINGit even idled perfect for about a day and a half :thumbdown: on the way to work i kinda noticed sometimes it would have a weird throttle repsonse barely even noticeble didnt think anything of it then on my way home from just as i was gettin close to home (its about a 16 mile drive to work) i would be holding the pedal steady and would miss it feel like someone took my foot off the gas for 1.5 secons then put back on was getting pretty bad as i got home then on my way to work i started to notice it again an was stopped at a red light and went to take off and im not sure if it was me not giving enough gas or it was really boggy but it stalled i started up then then tride to take off really boggy and ENGINE LACKED ALL POWER :x and pulled over to the walgreens parking lot didnt have any tools on me just couldnt do nothing so i decided to put my hazards on and limp home ( i know not the brightest idea)
- after that i decided i needed to hook up the bulb on my check engine light so i did and no check engine light
-decided to start it up and drive around again to see how it is now that its sat drive around ran perfect and would get up to around op temp (driving for like 5 minutes) and would do that same missing kind of thing i explained
-now it idles high when started at about 2k then would drive around run good and about the same time the idle would find its way back down it would start missing as described earlier
-aslo started to develop lumpy idle as well
-now i have replaced my fuel pump (sifter and strainer as well) no difference
-replaced spark plugs and spark plug wires no difference
-decided to bleed coolant just casue the temperture got at abou 3/8 on the gauge after finished when to try and drive engine had no power again like what happened earlier :cry: :cry: :cry:

now im here typing hoping someone has an idea whats going on i tried to include as much as i can feel free to offer suggestion and ask question will be putting up pics of my bay later
Last edited by slater on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By slater
#324203 i just noticed something vary strange when i satrt my car i and let idle i can hear the fuel pump whirring away like normal but but i flick on my turn signal i notice the whirring starts to pulsate?
By rustyrex
#324236 alot of what you are describing is what i experienced with my 2000 lx. i replaced the dizzy, plugs and wires, all 4 injectors, fuel pump and filter, the header, both O2 sensors, cat convertor, and whole exhaust. nothing worked. i then realized when i was testing the sensors inside the dizzy i was using the OEM reading for a 2000 crv not for a 2000 civic lx. one of my sensors was only 1 Ohm below the minimum reading and it made my car run like shit.

i would suggest getting either a Haynes manual or a FSM for your motor and follow the test procedure for the dizzy. make the CEL light come on before you test anything though just to make sure the CEL circuit is working. disconnect some sensors like the IAC or MAP even the O2 sensors and then start the car to see if the CEL comes on.
By slater
#324241 unplugged my map sensor check engine light comes on normally
tested my tps volt ranges from about .65 closed to something like 4.8 couldnt find a stubby enough screw driver to get in there but this wouldnt be causing my problem being off by .10?

also im try disconnecting the jumper for the po8 map maybe i got a bad burn from xeno?
By slater
#324266 well i cut the jumper you install when you chip it and i coudnt recreate the same missing problem i was having it lacked the power i got out of the po8 maps when it was running good though and went back to low lumpy idle as i expected
is it possible it was a bad burn or p08 maps would cause this for some reason? i plan on getting a demon and neptune rtp soon anyways
By rustyrex
#324267 A bad or mistuned map could definitely cause the miss. Your TPS or any sensor that does not measure within the specified limits will for sure cause a problem. A sensor inside my dizzy was off only 1 ohm and it kept my car from running.
By slater
#324268 the thing is it should just be the p08 basemaps to match my jdm d15b single stage vtec engine thats what i asked xeno to load onto it :? oh well looks like imma put an order in for neptune 8) ill report back with those results
By rustyrex
#324310 Unfortunately not every tuner can be trusted. With any type of tuning things can always go wrong. The best way to determine if the tuning maps are the problem is to find a virgin po8 and try that.
By slater
#324427 Update

today i went to drive my car to the gas station and now i have check engine light i think it reads 41 oxygen sensor heater ive never been happier to get this code i think maybe when i wired up te 4 wire o2 sensor i have a loose or wrong connection gonna try and figure it out tomorow!! :thumb: