D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By thomasEg
#323268 how or if possible to get rid of rev limiter or make it higher on d15b7 i think po6 i wanna build valve train to go to some where near 8200
By HeikDiesel
#323276 With some type of EMS or socketed ECU.
By thomasEg
#323336 any specific detsails which one
By brandoff88
#323353 if im not mistaken the d15b7 has a fuel cutoff at around 7200-7500 doesnt it, so why would you want to run you motor above factory specs....all your doing when you rev that high is putting stress on the internals, there are no power gains that i know off unless your set up to run reliably at those rpms...which since you run d15b7 i doubt you are but i dont know your setup....not trying to be mean or condecending just wondering why you would take a cheap motor with not alot of power up that high? :? i know you can reprogram an ecu to take the governor off for the speed and stuff, but i wouldnt mess with redlines or anything, mine is set up with no goverenors or anything, but i dont hang at 8200 EVER lol, i peg maybe 7000 sometimes, probably why i spun i rod bearing....in fact i think this might be a bad idea now that i think about it....but thats just my 0.02 cents,do some more research of the limits of your engine..ill try to find some more info for you too.

found some before i decided to post

1998-2000 Honda City SX8
1992–1995 Honda Civic CX (Canadian model)
1992–1995 Honda Civic GLi (Australian model)
1992–1995 Honda Civic DX/LX
1993–1995 Honda Civic Del Sol S
1992–1995 Honda Civic LSi Coupe (European Market) Displacement : 1,493 cc (91.1 cu in)
Bore and Stroke : 75 mm × 84.5 mm (3.0 in × 3.33 in)
Compression : 9.2:1
Power : 102 hp (76.1 kW, 103 PS) at 5,900 rpm
Torque : 98 lb·ft (13.5 kg/m, 133 Nm) at 5,000 rpm
Valvetrain : SOHC (4 valves per cylinder)
Cam Gear: 38 tooth
Piston Code : PM3
Fuel Control : OBD-1 MPFI
ECU Code: P06
Redline: 6,500 rpm
Head code: PM 9-6
Non Vtec

your absolute best bet is to leave it alone, i saw a few places say the injectors will cut out just after 7000 rpm due to the 6500 rpm redline, plus your motor wont really make power above 5500-6000 since your non vtec(im guessing the peak power is around there from the hp.tq #'s above)...and you probably have a good chunk of mileage on the motor so taking it that high is just turning it into a ticking timebomb....i dont personally see any ACTUAL benefits from it powerwise. anyone care to chime in on this, i just think this would cause alot of premature wear and stress on vital parts...again, just my 0.02 cents. hope this helps :thumb:

EDIT: just saw you were building that head, but i still dont know if your bottom end could take that abuse for very long, and if your doing that to the head, and decided to do bottom end as well, might as well build for turbo :hehe:
By thomasEg
#323615 well im planning on building the internals and valve train new forged rods/pistons stage one cam or stage two what ever one is better i want the high high rpms to strectch the gears out an i think the brand was viatara i wanna build the d15b7 cause no one does an thats what im gonna do not looking for huge hp just something fun out of it and this looked like a good idea car only has 119xxx miles turbo is on the list just wanted see if could be possible to make it hold that kinda rpm with new internals and valve train
By brandoff88
#323619 you probably could but the cost of all the internals and machining plus the chipping of the ecu would cost just as much as a cheap b series swap...and youd still have less power than the b series, if its what you want to do, it can probably be done, but i would build both top/bottom end, and definitly have your rotating assembly balanced and blueprinted, like the crank, rods, pistons, stuff like that..ya know...i wish you luck let me know how this turns out :thumb: