D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Diiplomat
#321885 Recently completed my swap.

JDM D15B with auto trans running a JDM P08 ECU.
Everything is great, aside from my car being stuck in park unless I put the key in the shift lock release..

I heard from a friend that I need to ground something on my brake pedal? Is there some sort of guide to fixing this issues?

Thanks in advance for any help!
By teal_dx
#321887 Yeah the autos have a switch behind the brake pedal. When brake is pressed, switch is triggered. Then the interlock box (blue box up under driver's side dash) lets the shifter be shifted out of park.

The switches can go bad.
By Diiplomat
teal_dx wrote:Yeah the autos have a switch behind the brake pedal. When brake is pressed, switch is triggered. Then the interlock box (blue box up under driver's side dash) lets the shifter be shifted out of park.

The switches can go bad.

Thanks for the info, but I'm still a bit puzzled, how exactly do I solve my issue? Do I need to ground anything? It is rather annoying having to push the shift lock release every time I want to shift from park.
By teal_dx
#321894 First I would check the switch behind the brake pedal. Use a test light or multimeter to see if it is working.

Unless there's something that you could have disconnected or cut during the swap...