D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By poke410
#321305 Hey guys i posted a week ago about an idle problem (which is now fixed thanks to a new throttle body gasket) and i ordered an oxygen sensor along with the gasket because free shipping (my car has been throwing CEL #1 sine the day i bough it) anyways i swapped the sensors and the old one didnt look that old (i can post pics) so i wired up the new one and took my baby for a spin, and lo and behold a CEL, i just ran it and its giving me code 12 (wrong plug?) and the exhaust still smells like a outboard boat engine (smelly rich stuff) after a 10 minute drive (i reset the ecu btw)
so should i return the plug and what do you guys think is the issue?

thanks guys
By teal_dx
#321347 code 12 is for EGR which our cars don't have. (maybe the d15z1 had an EGR?) I'd check the code again.

What model and engine do you have? What mods are done to it?
By poke410
#321355 its an ej1 so a z6, also im not sure if its code twelve but im getting a long blink followed by two brief ones (so 12?)

as far as mods go the previous owner threw a ram intake and straight piped and i when i ran the cel back in august when i was checking it out it gave me code 1 (bad 02) and i didn't check it until last night after i finally changed the sensor
By poke410
#321567 ok just found out cel 12 means the cel system is operational, but this morning while i was waiting for my girlfriend i got the idea to run the cel again and i got code 30 this time (bad auto trans) here is the catch, my eg is 5speed swap so i have no clue how this could be
By poke410
#321574 see the thing is that i didn't do the swap, one of the many questionable shady owners did it in the years prior, its funny that its only started to throw this code now
also i was running rich prior to swapping out the not too old looking 02 sensor but im not getting cel #1 anymore, can i assume im running normal again? is there anyway of testing short of sticking my nose in exhaust or getting a dedicated wideband?