D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By KittyrdzEG9
#320922 Hello everyone!

Ok, i need help from somebody, inside my car theres a D16Z6 stock. Since I brought the car I notice a small leak of oil coming from the valve cover, so recently I change the Valve cover gasket, It still leaked. I change the Distributor gasket... Still leak :x What It could be?? we checked the valve cover gasket and put silicone around the corners and everything but I still dont understand where the leak its coming from! :evil:
By Punksz6
#320924 Do you have any pics to post? Where is it leaking exactly? Did you check your Vtec Solenoid?
By KittyrdzEG9
Punksz6 wrote:Do you have any pics to post? Where is it leaking exactly? Did you check your Vtec Solenoid?

I was thinking about it, but i havent checked it. But ill go now and take one and post it quick.
By EJ1_MK
#320934 Looks like the Disturtor O-Ring to me, that is one of the most common problems. They are cheap from honda, and do get any and all gaskets from honda.
By KittyrdzEG9
EJ1_MK wrote:Looks like the Disturtor O-Ring to me, that is one of the most common problems. They are cheap from honda, and do get any and all gaskets from honda.

I changed it already; I brought it for $4 two weeks ago =/
By Punksz6
#321007 It kinda does look like it could be the Dizzy O-ring but remember thats not the only place it will leak from the dizzy. It has an inner ring aswell. First try the vtec solenoid. It could leak on one side and the oil is dripping twowards the front of the car. Do you park on a slant?
By EJ1_MK
KittyrdzEG9 wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:Looks like the Disturtor O-Ring to me, that is one of the most common problems. They are cheap from honda, and do get any and all gaskets from honda.

Might try to use some simple green and clean the top of the trans off and around any where that has oil and then check back in a day after driving it and see if you can locate where it is coming from.
By KittyrdzEG9
EJ1_MK wrote:
KittyrdzEG9 wrote:

Might try to use some simple green and clean the top of the trans off and around any where that has oil and then check back in a day after driving it and see if you can locate where it is coming from.

I pressure wash it before this pictures, drove it during the day and yesterday I checked it and thats the leak I found; If its the O ring maybe the person I paid didnt put it right (I dont know how to do it) I did the valve cover my self.
By EJ1_MK
#321027 its really easy to do but if the VTEC solenoid was leaking it wouldn't be dripping down the front of the trans case. You just pull the Dizzy off and you will see the o-ring on it.
By KittyrdzEG9
EJ1_MK wrote:its really easy to do but if the VTEC solenoid was leaking it wouldn't be dripping down the front of the trans case. You just pull the Dizzy off and you will see the o-ring on it.

Thank you; I have to wait till tomorrow but Ill update everybody tomorrow and check that out! :thumb: :thumb: