D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By YoTsi
#320547 ok im rockin a d15b2 bone stock DPFI and before anybody asks why i have a B2 its because in Finland if its not a 1.6 its a d15b2 or a d13 or d14, and yes those exist. simple. and my plan in the engine bay is to swap DPFI to MPFI and then a cam and boost. but i need to know exactly what parts i should use i dont have time to actually sit down and research and search through pages of crap and people not knowing what they are talking about and from what ive seen you guys are straight forward and to the point and thats what i need...PLZ HELP! :(
By Apexracing
#320605 A complete d16z6 manifold with throttle body/fuel rail and injectors. them you will need any mpfi engine harness or part of one and the you will need a mpfi ecu probably a d15b7 ecu i would guess. I'm sure there are other things. I'll get a buddy to chime in.
By Classiccarsrule85
#320615 like apex said but ill go into more detail

You have options as im sure your using an eg and i do know that across the pond you do have the dpfi pos crapola. and with the dpfi your car is also obd0......

Option A: Basic obd0 dpfi to mpfi swap
-injectors obd0 from either a mpfi d or b series.
-the plug harness from the car that you took the injectors from(injectors)
-May want to find a 4pin plug with pigtails for either side as it will be easier to unhook your harness for that.
-resister box with a good amount of pigtail
-id clip the tower plugs for the main harness as well just for the pins
-obd0 d series ecu crx d16a6 or other
-wireing
-d series intake manifold with associated stuff aka throttle body, fuel rail the good stuff lol
-and a obd0 d series mpfi distributor non dohc zc

Option B: a bit more involved but well worth it in my opinion Convert to obd1 and mpfi
-body harness from a obd1 civic with mpfi (as well as engine harness) may seem like alot but its the right way to do things
-obd1 intake manifold with the works injectors throttle body fuel rail
-obd1 distributor
-o2 sensor as the obd0 uses a 1 wire this will upgrade you to 4 wire
-and a obd1 d series ecu best to use a p06 but can use others im sure

both options do have their pluses and minuses but in my opinion option b will allow you for easier options with swaps in the future being obd1.

And here are some links to writeups the first one is the one i mainly have used in the past when doing some of the us spec dpfi civics (efs)
http://www.civic4g.com/index.php/forum/ ... f=19&t=129

http://ef-honda.com/ben/EFwiring.php

http://hondacrx881.tripod.com/mpfiswap.html

http://www.zcspeed.com/DXZCwiring.pdf

hope this helps
By YoTsi
#320622 ok i think im actually getting somewhere...like i said you guys are straight to the point and thats awesome.. one question for the wiring harness...for the option you have listed should i be looking for a vtec harness or no or is there even such a thing? im a prelude guy and learning these things all over again makes me wanna just do an h swap but i like keeping the OG block in my cars :D
By YoTsi
#320626 and which intake mani is best for airflow and fitment? and if anyone happens to have anything i need feel free to message me i would gladly buy it
By YoTsi
#320631 at the moment here is what i have found for sale in my area

-d16a6 intake manifold with throttlebody hoses sensors fuel rail and injectors
-d16a6 nonVtec engine harness
-p06 nonVtec ECU...COULD I USE A PP4?
-HONDA IGNITION DISTRIBUTOR 1.6L SOHC TD02U 88-91 OBD0

totals out to 356€ so far without shipping

correct me if anything is incorrect

HMMMMM just found a D15B motor im gonna put a PAUSE on this but if there is any other info or opinions please let me know :)
By Apexracing
YoTsi wrote:at the moment here is what i have found for sale in my area

HMMMMM just found a D15B motor im gonna put a PAUSE on this but if there is any other info or opinions please let me know :)

well like ccr85 said do you want to stay obd0 or switch to obd1?
By YoTsi
Apexracing wrote:
YoTsi wrote:at the moment here is what i have found for sale in my area

well like ccr85 said do you want to stay obd0 or switch to obd1?

well i have purchased the d16a6 intake manifold, throttle body fuel rail and injectors already got it all for 50 bucks :) so whatever works with that im happy with.
By YoTsi
#321074 can i use a pp4 ECU in my MPFI swap? im getting everything i need for the swap including the ECU and everything is from a d16a6.