D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By FG2_Andrew
#320372 LABLE EVERYTHING.
take your time.
Clean your bay while you're at it.
Any hardware you come across, replace it or clean it.
It's also a good time to plan/do oil changes, replace the clutch, etc.

An engine hoist make it cake but it can be done with a floor jack and stands and a cribbing system.

Impact gun is a must.
32mm impact socket.
8-17 sockets.
Flat blade driver.
Rubber mallet.
Regular hammer.
Vice grips.

It can be done by yourself in one weekend if its your first swap ever.

Good luck, take pictures, and let us know if you need help!
By blk92hb
#320373 x2 also replace all gaskets, belts, water pump, timing belt tensioner, tune up, and fuel filter.
By scrfc389
#320379 Kool, any issues that might happen that I should worry about? Also if anyone in the Chicagoland area that might have a d series for sale?
By FG2_Andrew
#320392 biggest issue will probably be rusted on hardware. or maybe a broken wire or dry-rotten hose. also, the motor mounts tend to be a bitch.

as well as the bitch pin for your shift linkage. (i'd also reccomend getting underneath and making sure you have a punch to get it out)
By scrfc389
#320398 Good shit. Thanks man
By scrfc389
#320406 Image

dont mind the lexus symbols those are off alreadyImage

dont mind the lexus symbols those are off already[/img]
By Ajax1989
#320409 Andy hit the nail on the head..
Take your time.. Bag up bolts. Label sensors(use a letter or number system if you dont know the sensor)

When installing double check everything

Oh when puttin the new one in. Get all the mount bolts in and berly tight. Then tighten em.. Its a pain to tighten one mount to find out you gotta losen it cuz the other mount bolts wont thread lol

But after a few swaps they get hella easy.. It took under 4hrs to pull a d serise and swap trans. Mount. Intake mani. Header etc.. And put it back in and running.

But dont lose your cool and remeber there just nuts and bolts