D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By nd1983
#320273 sure its oil goop and not grease?
By jadeydrag0117
nd1983 wrote:sure its oil goop and not grease?

yeah maybe grease, i smelt it and it didn't smell like oil..but where would grease be coming, it has happened twice already. hmm ill check where its coming from 2m.
By rootbeer_eg
#320275 only really place under the hood that would have greese would really be the axles
check to see if you have a torn boot
By TrailerTrash
#320276 where did u find this?
By jadeydrag0117
rootbeer_eg wrote:only really place under the hood that would have greese would really be the axles
check to see if you have a torn boot

hope not, i had them replaced about half a year ago...
By jadeydrag0117
TrailerTrash wrote:where did u find this?

middle/right, under the hood...
By jadeydrag0117
teal_dx wrote:Check your CV boots (inner & outer).

Is that a tile garage floor? Baller 8)

hope its not the boot cause i had them replaced maybe half a year ago..

+ i wish it was tile lol...its just linoleum tile.
we also have this hard carpet i wanted to put, i think it would look cool
By jadeydrag0117
#320304 k just took a look and it is the cv boot :x ..dont even know how its ripped when i replaced a half a year ago :x
By Punksz6
#320314 Actually cv boots tend to tear or get torn easy. And seems more so if your suspension is moddified. I actually want to try and make some ureathean boots or something along those lines. I did take a little urethean and put it around the grooves of my boots to give them a little extra protection.
By jadeydrag0117
Punksz6 wrote:Actually cv boots tend to tear or get torn easy. And seems more so if your suspension is moddified. I actually want to try and make some ureathean boots or something along those lines. I did take a little urethean and put it around the grooves of my boots to give them a little extra protection.

it sucks, i dont know how diy it + no time. & and i dont want to pay $200 for mechanic.

i figured it was something with being low.
i thought maybe if i make my ride stiffer it might help maybe not.
and a good invention would be a CV boot that you can put on without taking out the axle. just reach down under the hood and put on a new boot.

but a diff material should be good too. lol , i mean they should have made that by now. our cars are about 20+ years old and if hondas are known for cv boot ripping they should figure make new cv boot material
By Punksz6
#320324 I know right. There is a boot u can buy, it comes with clamps and some expoxy to glue it together and grease to fill it back up.I actually got it from auto zone to change but did the ureathane instead and it seems to be holding up good. Will see how.it looks after winter. I might have to come up with a way to make a mold and start some trials on ureathane cv boots. Will see. :)