D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By JDMLYFE
#318514 whats up guys, i know theres a forum somewhere about this but i cant find it, i have a d15 right now and its at its final stage. has 280kms and burns oil. and im starting to hear some loud ticking(vlaves) so im going to take it easy on it unti li find a d16yb? i want to go boost after a while. ill be buying a fresh motor. wantto rub everything completely stock with 5-7psi. iv heard as long as i get a proper tune i should be able to run that as my DD for years, whats your guys sugesstios
By d-mon
#318563 i'v been daily driving a boosted stock d16z6 for the last 3 years.
my most dependable honda so far.
By teal_dx
#318568 Yeah you should be fine with that. Just get it tuned :thumb:

A used Greddy kit can be found for around $800 in good condition and would be perfect for a daily driver. 5psi on that kit would get you about 160 HP.
By JDMLYFE
#318592 Ok now don laugh, what About an eBay turbo kit, but upgrade wastegate and BOV. This is a budget build,. Not looking to spend thousands and thousands, figured if I can get a motor for 500-800 and maybe turbo kit for 500-700?
Can someone make a list of everything I need, I'm a newbie lol
By 92civicEGsedan
#318596 You will need something to tune it and I'd say upgraded fuel system but I don't know much about forced induction
By Brandonthesmith
#318601 the problem with egay kits aren't in the BOVs or wastegates it's in that a greddy turbo or a turbonetics or any company of esteem balances their turbos ever bit of it is balanced within like .o3 of an inch and the kits on ebay aren't at all they are just cast and made and thrown together off of some old spec sheet someone drew up they are never good not to say you can't run one just to say get one and a rebuild kit at the same time cause it will need it.
By JDMLYFE
#318637 Ok maybe I shouldn't go wit the eBay kit, have a feeling I won't be able to find a decent kit for my price range
By JDMLYFE
#318640 Well I plan on buyin the motor soon, so ill save up for a turbo kit, any kits out there that are decent? Decent pricing and comes with EVERYTHING I need
By JDMLYFE
#319331 k i was talking to someone who was saying go with a ebay turbo kit, bring the kit into a shop and get them to balance it? what exactly is that, i was also told to chain all the oil seals
By teal_dx
#319361 You give them the turbo and they spin it at high rpm then remove a tiny bit of material from the turbine & compressor wheel so that it is balanced. Same concept as balancing a wheel on a car except they're not clamping weights onto the rim, they're filing off a slight amount of metal to achieve perfect balance.