D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By MK4_EG
#317709 Well, I blew a rod, and killed the D15B7. Have a hole in the block, and a hole in the oil pan.
Just ordered a D16Z6, and a P28 ECU, should be here tomorrow.

Here's some pics of my swap progress.
By chrono404
#317716 Dang.

Was this a N/A engine? if so did you just ignore the rod knock? Just curious to how a N/A D15 pops.
By MK4_EG
chrono404 wrote:Dang.

Was this a N/A engine? if so did you just ignore the rod knock? Just curious to how a N/A D15 pops.

Rod knock started 3 days ago, I had full oil level, and lucas oil treatment in the oil as well. The knock didn't go away.
When I bought the car, the girl told me that she just wanted to get rid of it because it burns oil like crazy, and it did. 1 litre a day.
I knew it'd die eventually, and now it has.
Either way, my D16 gets here today, and it'll be good as new :)
By bks84
chrono404 wrote:Dang.

Its called neglect. Hondas arent supercars and as such, arent treated like they are.
By brandoff88
#318184 that and every dick tom and harry drives hondas like they are supercars...and they jus tcan handle the abuse when they arent properly maintained
By JDMLYFE
#318307 just curious as to what the rod knock sounds like,i have a d15b7(i think) 1.5 16 valve non vtec, my car burns oil pretty bad if i step on it, i do abuse it because i plan on doing a swap over the winter, BUT i do maintain it and bsides the oil burning it runs nice, how ever i do hear a ticking sound. some say its normal. gets a little louder and faster when i give it gas, can only really hear it clearly in 1st gear second gear and a little bit in third
By GSRsedan92
#318310 JDMLYFE it sounds like ur having valve clash so u need to check that before they bend or break and it also sounds like u may have bad valve seals and/or piston rings or just an oil leak somewhere man check that before its to late..
By bks84
#318326 If they touch once, they're bent. Theres no going back.

I'd do a valve lash adjustment. then check mechanical timing (timing belt, gears, etc).
By 1_bad_eg
#318336 [quote="MK4_EG"]Well, I blew a rod, and killed the D15B7. Have a hole in the block, and a hole in the oil pan.
Just ordered a D16Z6, and a P28 ECU, should be here tomorrow.

shoulda pulled the d15 befo she blew coudda built a mini-me vtec.
thats what i woulda done imo.