D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By jadeydrag0117
#317448 a/t d15b7.

this morning my car was cranking but didn't start ...

this happened to me b4 , just had someone turn the ignition while i smacked the starter with my garage broom stick :chair: lol and it did the trick.

should i get a new starter ? , im planing on getting new spark plugs too.
what else could be the problems .. idk much about engines. but this is why i got the car so i could learn alot about the mechanics so feel free to give me some insight.
By bigJOE671
jadeydrag0117 wrote:a/t d15b7.

this happened to me b4 , just had someone turn the ignition while i smacked the starter with my garage broom stick :chair: lol and it did the trick.

what else could be the problems .. idk much about engines. but this is why i got the car so i could learn alot about the mechanics so feel free to give me some insight.

Read----> http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=24927
By bigJOE671
jadeydrag0117 wrote:a/t d15b7.

Whats your car's battery voltage when its not started?

Also Read This----> http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=24927
By jadeydrag0117
bigJOE671 wrote:Whats your car's battery voltage when its not started?

not its not the battery got it replaced a like last year. and my radio turned on when i was trying the ignition.
By JohnRM
jadeydrag0117 wrote:

not its not the battery got it replaced a like last year. and my radio turned on when i was trying the ignition.

Don't assume that the car battery is NOT the problem. Even if it was replaced last year, a battery can still turn out bad. A battery is free to check AND charge at any auto shop like Oreilly's or Autozone. It's also cheaper and easier to replace, even though the starter in our cars aren't that hard to get to.

Does it lag when it tries to turn over/crank?
By jadeydrag0117
JohnRM wrote:
jadeydrag0117 wrote:

Don't assume that the car battery is NOT the problem. Even if it was replaced last year, a battery can still turn out bad. A battery is free to check AND charge at any auto shop like Oreilly's or Autozone. It's also cheaper and easier to replace, even though the starter in our cars aren't that hard to get to.

well like i said my stereo turned on while i was trying to ignite the engine so thats why i assumed it wasnt my battery
By bigJOE671
jadeydrag0117 wrote:
JohnRM wrote:
jadeydrag0117 wrote:

well like i said my stereo turned on while i was trying to ignite the engine so thats why i assumed it wasnt my battery

Here's my point when I asked "what's your battery voltage when your car is not started?"

Lets say you got 12.8 volts at your battery. When you start your car most of that voltage goes to your starter to crank your engine. The rest of that voltage goes to your ECU, coil, ignitor, spark plugs, main relay, fuel pump, and other stuff just to make your car run. See how much other stuff needs that voltage besides your radio.

Now lets say your got 12.2 volts at your battery. I know its still 12 volts but try starting your car with that. Your car will turn over but not as fast with 12.8 volts. Now think of the rest of the components that need voltage as your starter is using most of the battery's power to crank the car...not including your radio.

Just trying to help you out and not let you think just because your radio is turning on that you got a good battery.
By jadeydrag0117
bigJOE671 wrote:Here's my point when I asked "what's your battery voltage when your car is not started?"

Lets say you got 12.8 volts at your battery. When you start your car most of that voltage goes to your starter to crank your engine. The rest of that voltage goes to your ECU, coil, ignitor, spark plugs, main relay, fuel pump, and other stuff just to make your car run. See how much other stuff needs that voltage besides your radio.

Now lets say your got 12.2 volts at your battery. I know its still 12 volts but try starting your car with that. Your car will turn over but not as fast with 12.8 volts. Now think of the rest of the components that need voltage as your starter is using most of the battery's power to crank the car...not including your radio.

Just trying to help you out and not let you think just because your radio is turning on that you got a good battery.

:thumb: ..ooohhh...

but how would i check to see if its getting voltage to everything?