D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By rustyrex
#316952 It's a 2000 civic lx. I have new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, New main relay and ICM. I have fuel and spark but it still won't start. My wife was driving and it died. It eventually started but died and hasn't started since. I am out of ideas. I don't have a compression tester and can't even afford to rent or buy one.
By Punksz6
#316957 Sorry to hear, try checking all your grounds and also your power wires (to starter, to fuse box, to alternator. Try these and then let us know. No smoke or anything coming from the ECU?
By rustyrex
#316958 Grounds nd powers tested good. No smoke at all.
By jhicks
#317000 sounds like your dizzy to me... thats what happened to my old crx...
By rustyrex
#317069 It just cranks strongly. The spark is bright white
By rustyrex
#317315 I did everything I could. I'm waiting on a tow truck to take it to the dealership. This sucks its been years since I haven't been able to fix one of my car. At $100 a hour plus parts I hope they find the problem quick. I changed dizzy, ICM, main relay, fuel pump and pressure reg, plugs, wires, cap and rotor checked all the ground all the power wires and fuses and the timing and did a compression and leak down I even swapped computers with a working one. I can't figure it out.
By rustyrex
#317326 I triple checked everything. It's either something so simple I am not noticing it or its beyond my skill set. I even had my uncle come by who used to work for Honda from 90-98. He couldn't even figure it out
By onibakagaijin
#317351 I'd look at your wires and their connections again. Something could be crossed or not seated properly. I had something similar happen in the past with a vehicle and check those and when it turned out to be fine I looked back at the dist. and i didn't have it completely seated despite looking as such. I'd also look to make sure its oriented properly and there are no gaps with it being seated.
By rustyrex
#317352 I've already thrown in the towel. It's at my local Honda dealer. I've spent enough time and money trying to figure it out. I'd rather pay someone at this point. Working on my own car is making me get backed up with customers.
By elrompetoto
#317376 check timing on the car c if the belt jump.... disconect all 4 injecters and buy a can of starter fluid spray it and c if it starts like that i workd on an ek that had a bad senser and it was dumping 2 mutch gas so the car did not wana start.

remeber all u need is spark fule and comp 2 start one of those 3 is ur problem
By rustyrex
#317378 I am leaning more towards fuel. Based on how soaked my plugs where when I checked forspark. Hopefully I find out today if the dealer calls