D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By rustyrex
#317389 Dealer called and said the dizzy is bad. That the coil is not getting a signal to turn off. They said it is because of the msd cap rotor and external coil basically fried the dizzy. The car died before I put the msd stuff of though
By rustyrex
#317435 I know. I talked to the tech he sounded retarded. I honestly don't think they looked at the car fully. He said the coil inside the dizzy was bad. I asked him if he tested it and he said yes. I laughed and said its impossible because it has a external coil. After about 10 minutes of him telling me my civic never came with a external coil I asked him to pop my hood and look on the passengers side shock tower. I have a msd coil cap and rotor. He said he will look at the wiring because I am getting no spark. If anything on Monday I will tow it home rewire my td-41u dizzy and see if she runs. If so I will buy a new dizzy from AutoZone.
By rustyrex
#317677 I got my car towed home from the dealer this morning. I went and picked up a new dizzy and put it in. It fired up and runs perfect. Turns out when I checked the resistance for the sensors I was using the wrong setting on my DMM.