D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By mitch6
#316875 I recently bought an ej1, civic si coupe with a D16Z6. Currently has 203,xxx kms on the engine. I am not recieving any spark, what I have done so far was replace the dizzy coil pack with a new coil pack and also checked all the main engine grounds. (T-stat ground being the most important from what I have heard for this situation). Dizzy cap and rotor are good, wires are good, spark plugs are good....

What can cause the problem, any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!! :thumb: :thumb:
By Apexracing
#316878 just a dumb question thinking of simple things, have you checked the cap and rotor? Also make sure the timing belt is in tact.
By mitch6
Apexracing wrote:just a dumb question thinking of simple things, have you checked the cap and rotor? Also make sure the timing belt is in tact.

I have checked the cap and rotor, both are good, and as for the timing belt, I have not checked, apparently it has been done not too long ago... (I just bought the car, and the car was running fantastic!! when I test drove it!)

I am starting to think maybe something could be wrong with the ECU? I am going to the junkyard tomorrow to grab another ECU out of another civic si coupe.

There is no spark from all four plugs, and plugs are good aswell. I have replaced the dizzy coil twice, each time I replaced it, the car would start with ease, but without notice it would die again instantly after the car has been running for some time... I thought maybe it was a ground or fuse, but there all good, so the last thing I can think about is the ECU.

Timing belt still needs to be checked, but i have a very very strong feeling the timing belt is okay, seeing as the car runs flawlessly when running...

any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated :thumb: :thumb:
thanks again!

(Also, the car is completley bone stock, all factory with no mods, haha its for winter :P )
By mitch6
Punksz6 wrote:ICM inside the Dizzy. These are Notorious for going out.

Here is Teal's DIY for the Dizzy. Hope this helps.

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?p=223990

after trying many different texts, the ICM was indeed the problem, thanks Punksz6 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By Punksz6
#317178 Glad to help Happy you got it fixed. :thumb: