D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By IrieHawaii
#316799 Please help me out,
I suspect im leaking oil but i dont know where. Oil leaks out onto the top of the trans, and at the bottom of my oil pan. It was a thick layer until i cleaned it. My friend told me it was my distributor o-ring so i replaced it but it still leaks. and now its another layer of dirty shit. can someone pleas help me out<3 lolol
Last edited by IrieHawaii on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Punksz6
#316808 It could still be leaking at the dizzy if its internal.Check by wiping underneath the dizzy and also open it up to see if its leaking internaly. Also is your motor a vtec motor? If so look at the Vtec solenoid, they leak a lot there if not properly seated and sealed. One more place your valve cover, could be leaking around the area where the dizzy and end of camshaft are coverd. Hope that helps.
By TrailerTrash
#316812 could also be the cam cover leaking and runing down beside/behind the dizzy.

bad dizzy O ring+bad cam cover seal=oily mess
By IrieHawaii
Punksz6 wrote:It could still be leaking at the dizzy if its internal.Check by wiping underneath the dizzy and also open it up to see if its leaking internaly. Also is your motor a vtec motor? If so look at the Vtec solenoid, they leak a lot there if not properly seated and sealed. One more place your valve cover, could be leaking around the area where the dizzy and end of camshaft are coverd. Hope that helps.

non-v sorry lol, and thanks for he sugestions ima try it out today
By IrieHawaii
#316886 so i opened up my distributor and thers oil inside. im guessing i have to replace that too.
By Punksz6
IrieHawaii wrote:so i opened up my distributor and thers oil inside. im guessing i have to replace that too.

No you don't have to. There is a diy that teal dx made I will post it when I get home or someone else can..
By necropaulis
#316947 If he doesn't already have a dizzy, he has to buy a reman(new ones from non Honda don't work/work like crap). They (dealer, autozone, etc) don't sell the stupid little 5/10 cent piece of rubber and a spring by itself.
By Punksz6
necropaulis wrote:If he doesn't already have a dizzy, he has to buy a reman(new ones from non Honda don't work/work like crap). They (dealer, autozone, etc) don't sell the stupid little 5/10 cent piece of rubber and a spring by itself.

You can buy the little rubber piece online..Why pay so much for another dizzy unless you find one for cheap.

Teal's is a rebuild or swap of parts from dizzy to dizzy but its the same principle just remove the inner piece and replace with a new one.

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?p=223990
By necropaulis
#317020 Where I am, Civic engine parts are either don't exist or are retarded expensive. Most people still wanted 75/100 for a dizzy, when for not much more, I got a fresh reman off of a site. Where do they sell the gasket, cause I couldn't find it, or a P/N anywhere. :?
By ChingonEG
#317363 Thanks for the post I'm going to have to take off the cap because i have the same problem :x
By gtstripes
#317381 i had no choice but to buy a junkyard dizzy for $250.... :( just have to get ripped off at some point in your life.. thats life lol :thumbdown: