D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By GotHatch?
#315907 Sorry for making another thread but I really haven't been able to see anything quite like this.

Here is what my car is doing when it is cold and I start it the engine will fast idle at around 1200-1400 rpm and it lopes really fast when its cold, once the engine warms up it will resume normal idle BUT if I give it gas and get the RPM back to 1200-1400 rpm it will lope just like it does when it is cold. As you can imagine if your driving and you enter that rpm range if can be quite annoying.

What I have done so far is pull the FITV off and wipe it out/off and then screwed it back in till it was tight and backed it off a 1/4 turn as per a thread on here and it made no change.

What should I do now?
By GotHatch?
#315936 That I do need to do :( I am going to go buy me a NOS energy drink so I can have the bottle to make an overflow seeing as I don't have one right now. I figure if I am going to be ghetto about using a bottle for one I might as well use a cool bottle lol.
By brandoff88
GotHatch? wrote:That I do need to do :( I am going to go buy me a NOS energy drink so I can have the bottle to make an overflow seeing as I don't have one right now. I figure if I am going to be ghetto about using a bottle for one I might as well use a cool bottle lol.

thumbs up for this guy :thumb: :D if your going to gheto style something, make it awesome 8)
By GotHatch?
#316188 Alright I have bled the system, cleaned the IACV and adjusted the FITV and no change. I did find where one other person had the exact same problem and he had to replace his IACV so I guess that is my next step.

Although I did notice if I unplugged the TPS it would idle right but if i gave it gas unplugged it would only rev to 2500 or so and would sound like 2 step lol but I don't think think that is my problem but if you think so let me know please.
By fatcoupe
#316442 your tps can cause the idle to hop..but iacv is easy enough to eliminate first. my z6 mini me does this and its cause of my iacv. just too lazy :P GL!
By Apexracing
fatcoupe wrote:your tps can cause the idle to hop..but iacv is easy enough to eliminate first. my z6 mini me does this and its cause of my iacv. just too lazy :P GL!

or you have a vacuum leak, that is the most common cause. check your intake manifold gasket and throttle body gasket. Mist water along them with the car idling, if your idle changes your gasket is bad.
By Boozle
#316831 You have your iacv plug and evap purge solenoid plug (the little black thing on the back of your manifold with vacuum lines) switched around...switch them back around and you should be good...trust me I've seen this EXACT problem before
By GotHatch?
Boozle wrote:You have your iacv plug and evap purge solenoid plug (the little black thing on the back of your manifold with vacuum lines) switched around...switch them back around and you should be good...trust me I've seen this EXACT problem before

What color are the respective plugs?
By teal_dx
14 IAC (EACV) - idle air control valve ( I would assume that this is why my cars idle surges around 1200 rpm and that I just need to replace the IACV)

19 Automatic transmission lockup control valve (my car is a five speed I gues this proves my theory of it having a auto harness could it possibly have a auto ECU?)

21 VTEC spool solenoid valve ( ok what do I need to do here?)

41 Primary oxygen sensor heater ( is this a bad O2 sensor or what?)

First, see what ECU you have. Here's a link to good info about reading the ID sticker: http://www.team-integra.net/forum/19-pr ... ation.html
(Sounds like the ecu is auto if it is looking for the lockup control valve.)

Replace the o2 sensor, bad o2 will cause the engine to run bad.

Check wiring for vtec from the 2 sensors to the ECU. If someone hacked the swap together, they may have wired it wrond. How to wire here in this thread: http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=10

See if the IACV and evap plugs are switched as previously mentioned. Swap them, reset ECU and see if that code is gone. Hopefully that's a free fast fix :thumb:
By GotHatch?
teal_dx wrote:
14 IAC (EACV) - idle air control valve ( I would assume that this is why my cars idle surges around 1200 rpm and that I just need to replace the IACV)

19 Automatic transmission lockup control valve (my car is a five speed I gues this proves my theory of it having a auto harness could it possibly have a auto ECU?)

21 VTEC spool solenoid valve ( ok what do I need to do here?)

41 Primary oxygen sensor heater ( is this a bad O2 sensor or what?)

First, see what ECU you have. Here's a link to good info about reading the ID sticker: http://www.team-integra.net/forum/19-pr ... ation.html
(Sounds like the ecu is auto if it is looking for the lockup control valve.)

Replace the o2 sensor, bad o2 will cause the engine to run bad.

Check wiring for vtec from the 2 sensors to the ECU. If someone hacked the swap together, they may have wired it wrond. How to wire here in this thread: http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=10

See if the IACV and evap plugs are switched as previously mentioned. Swap them, reset ECU and see if that code is gone. Hopefully that's a free fast fix :thumb:

ECU was indeed an auto have a chipped ecu on the way now.

On the evap and IACV which plug goes where? or should I just switch them and see?

On the Vtec solenoid does the green wire with yellow stripe go to the green wire with yellow stripe in the harness or the green wire with the white stripe? I am assuming its supposed to be green yellow the whole way mine is green yellow at the solenoid and splices into the green white.
By Boozle
#318141 Just switch them around...if that fixes it then that was the problem if not then no harm done and the plugs are either light green or grey if I remember correctly
By GotHatch?
Boozle wrote:Just switch them around...if that fixes it then that was the problem if not then no harm done and the plugs are either light green or grey if I remember correctly

Thanks! switched them around car now idles properly and no longer surges at 1200 rpm. Still have a IACV problem but going to wait until i get my new ECU to see if it or the IACV is actually the problem.