D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By jadeydrag0117
#315704 yesterday i was getting my tires aligned at big o tires.the guy let me under the service lift thing and i checked my oil pan for holes there were none,

i noticed my oil pan was covered with a thing layer with like greasy fluid that i suspect is oil but it doesn't really smell like anything. anyways the guy there said its probably my oil pan gasket. i bought one and im gunna replace it but wanted to ask

is that the symptoms of a leaking pan gasket is, its also all over my transmission it looks like motor oil but idk cause i never seen an oil pan gasket leak... :? :?

please help
By nd1983
#315707 before replacing the gasket why not just torque or even tighten the bolts. oil pan bolts can work loose with heating & cooling and bumpy roads
By jadeydrag0117
nd1983 wrote:before replacing the gasket why not just torque or even tighten the bolts. oil pan bolts can work loose with heating & cooling and bumpy roads

too late lol, i already bought a gasket a ramp, an oil bucket thing and seal, whatever though doesnt hurt to do both,

i noticed when i was taking out the bolts that some were loose prob the issue cause there looked nothing wrong with the original gasket.

thanks