D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By LionHearted1
#315234 Howdy.

While doing some research on heat reducing intake manifold gaskets, I came across a thread about stacking a Hondata and P2R gasket together to create, in theory at least, the perfect heat shield for an mani.
(For the Acura TSX, at least)

The theory was the Hondata gasket, which went first absorbed roughly 80% of the heat from the engine, with the P2R absorbing and distributing the left over.

A guy also deleted the coolant passage that ran to his throttle body, to make a manifold that was easily touchable, ever after the engine had been around.

So long as the bolts are long enough that both can be tightened down, and there are no air leaks, this seems like a pretty good idea.

Discuss?
By TrailerTrash
#315241 interesting.

intake mannies do get heat soaked pretty bad. ive heard very good things about the Hondata gaskets and I plan to use one if I ever build a performance Honda engine.

even if the bolts arent long enough you can always get longer bolts. dont let that stop you!

I would imagine there was more to it than just deleting the coolant line because that goes to the FITV and i think that would have to have something done with it... more info would be great!
By LionHearted1
#315248 This is the forum I was reading it off of.

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678115

Both companies claim to drop the temperature of intake manifold about 20 degrees and to net you an additional 3~ hp.

Combine together though? I'd like to see those numbers.
By kapow
#315583 Hondata claims a 1hp increase but a noticeable drop in intake manifold temperature
By Eg6H2D
#315633 Need longer intake manifold studs? Holler at these guys! Ive got a set and actually will be doing the double gasket thing myself. .

Only thing is since the gasket are extending the manifold outward only thing would be is clearance issues. like with placing an RBC into an RSX the RBC is right there at the radiator support.. Also like using skunk2 intake manifold with an H swap into an EG shell the manifold is already a tight fit to the fire wall.

Things to consider when going with this

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/316-Ra ... 7853635242