D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By ej2??
#312915 so im broke like always and i wanna make them hp gainsss thinking a mini me would be a nice way to up the power and be easy on the pockets, my luck with my eg has been nothing but BAD headgasket is leaking so i was thinking about doing the mini me but im wondering would my block be able to take the higher compression with all those miles or would it blow out?
:?
its a d15b7 in a 95 lx,cant wait to come into some money and start a built thread to show all my crap luck i have so far but i still love the thing
By familyEGuy23
#312926 IMHO I wouldn't do the mini me unless you find all the parts dirt cheap, has the motor ever been rebuilt?
Are you going to rebuild it or just throw on the mini me?
I would just save up for a d-series vtec swap jdm d15b or d16z6 it'll be more reliable in the long run :thumb:
By teal_dx
#312934 What's your budget? What is the condition of your motor (burning any oil? any noise from bottom end?)

I agree with familyEGuy23... by the time you buy a HG, head, intake manifold, timing belt, head bolts, water pump, P28 for a proper Mini-me swap + maintenance while you have it all apart, you're approaching low mile JDM D15B Vtec full swap price range.
By ej2??
familyEGuy23 wrote:IMHO I wouldn't do the mini me unless you find all the parts dirt cheap, has the motor ever been rebuilt?
Are you going to rebuild it or just throw on the mini me?
I would just save up for a d-series vtec swap jdm d15b or d16z6 it'll be more reliable in the long run :thumb:

got the car from used dealer no signs of a rebuild at all its leaking from the headgasket my guess is its from the original bolts(we used them) being used again or the head could be warped.

What's your budget? What is the condition of your motor (burning any oil? any noise from bottom end?)

I agree with familyEGuy23... by the time you buy a HG, head, intake manifold, timing belt, head bolts, water pump, P28 for a proper Mini-me swap + maintenance while you have it all apart, you're approaching low mile JDM D15B Vtec full swap price range.

i was thinking of having around 500 to do it properly.
no noise from the bottom no burning oil pretty healthy sounding only problem is a leak from the headgasket my guess is because we used the original headbolts but the head could be warped

all the problems ive been having with the car idk to give up on it or mini me it how much does a swap of that sort go for?
By familyEGuy23
#312969 Prices differ in locations, I'm in California I got mine for $745 out the door and honestly I payed way to much from that place if your going to get it online I recommend HMO or hmotorsonline.com :thumb: I regret not buying from there I took a 2.5 hour roadtrip to go there and 2 hours to come back home their swaps are legit talk to steve he's a cool guy

Save a few hundred more and you got yourself a reliable jdm motor :woot:
By teal_dx
#312978 Mini-me can be as cheap as you find the parts for but ball park price:
HG ~$50
head/intake manifold $150
timing belt ~$50
oem head bolts $90 (or ARP head studs $100 - might as well)
water pump ~$50
P28 $100

(that's with OEM parts)

So you're up to $500 unless you take your time and wait to find people selling the parts a little cheaper. That doesn't help you much with the OEM parts though... just the Head/ecu.
Mini-me is easier than a full swap but when you're talking about a high mi. motor, it makes more sense just to buy a lower mi. vtec motor. :thumb:
By ej2??
#312982 heres my build thread if it can be called that lol
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=24886

thanks guys i guess ill just save and get a whole motor then i wont be so scared of something breaking :)
By ThatguyInAhatch
#314254 you can get a d15b for cheap as hell depending on location. ive seen people pick up mint ones for 400-500$