D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By sqkr_28
#312620 Hey i finally started my turbo build. I've the block on a stand and I am trying to remove the bolt connected to the crank. Is there a way to keep the crank from rotating so i can get that bolt off?
By TrailerTrash
#312625 put a crowbar/bigass flathead in the teeth on the flywheel and hold it in place
By EJ1_MK
#312647 Impact gun or honda actually sells a tool to hold the crank pulley in place to remove the bolt.
By Ecc0
#312658 Sealy make a crank pulley dampner tool which you put into the crank pulley to hold the crank in place then you slot a breaker bar through the centre and it'll come off.

You need to make sure you get the 50mm tool not the 45mm.
By JohnAWESOME
#312660 I used a piece of electrical strut and a few bolts through it. took a bit to get everything lined up so I would get a good bite on it then used a breaker bar to pop it loose. Mine was still in the car so I didnt have to worry about stuff twisting. You might need a second hand to help support the motor or a good rattle gun
By blk92hb
EJ1_MK wrote:Impact gun or honda actually sells a tool to hold the crank pulley in place to remove the bolt.

moroso makes one too http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-61805/
By sqkr_28
#312762 Thanks for all the suggestions i rented that tool you guys mentions but the bolt still wouldn't budge, ended up taking it to a local shop and they got it off in 3 sec with an impact gun. Block is at the machime shop now