D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By gijoe985
#312505 Alright, so I needed a new radiator and I got a cheap aluminum one off ebay. I've got a VX and I'm not really into performance, but I figured for the price, the aluminum one would be nice. And I can weld aluminum in case i ever breaks, vs the plastic on the oem style ones.

Anyway, I got it partly installed and noticed that the radiator hoses were too small for the radiator. They are about as close as you can get, without being abel to fit. After reading online I think that the hoses might be sized for a B series engine. Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Buy B series hoses and then use a sleeve on the engine side to connect to the smaller fitting? That's the best idea yet. Let me know if you have any others...
By gijoe985
#312630 Well, at the lack of any better ideas, I am going to try buying some B series hoses and then if I am correct, I bet if I cut off the ends of my D series hoses (engine side) and the install the D series hoses over it, it should work... I like showing solutions for questions asked on the forums if possible, so I'll update this if it works... or not...
By d-mon
#312641 i stuck the end of the hose in some boiling water and put some dish soap on the radiator and worked it on.
By Ecc0
#312659 Try spraying some hair spray in the hose before you try fitting it as will act as a you install them and then will dry and create a good seal.
By gijoe985
#312717 Boiling water is an interesting idea... Same with hair spray.