D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Toophi3chrisEGHBK
#310745 I'm having some trouble and was hoping you guys could help me out.. My 93 hatch would not start the other day, and it turns out that the neutral safety switch was to blame. I bypassed that, and it started fine for a couple days. Today, i drove to the gas station on the way to school to pick up a drink, and when i came out my car would not start. It was cranking and turning over, but not starting. There doesnt seem to be any set pattern, its pretty random.. The starter was replaced recently, and the battery is fine. I have plenty of gas, and the spark plugs are only 2 months old. I'm going to check the fuses and relays, but i dont know if i will find the source :? . Any advice would be appreciated.
By brandoff88
#310771 maybe you have bad pulg wires...or they wore out to where it wont carry enough spark? that would be my guess if its not starter or plugs, and your sure your getting fuel?
By teal_dx
#310784 Put your ear on the bottom of the back seat and have someone turn the key to the second position. You should hear the fuel pump prime. If not, the main relay may be going bad and your fuel pimp may not be turning on. Main relay is the grey box under the driver side dash. $60 part or you can usually re solder the joints on the board to fix it yourself.
By Toophi3chrisEGHBK
#313559 thanks for the help. it was the neutral safety switch (?). for some reason when it got warm outside it would stop working. i wired around it and its been fine since