D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By PhantomEJ1
#310452 I just got my Y8 ive been building in the car and the only real problem that i got was the starter grinds. I don't know if its because i've got around 11:0:1 compression and the engine turns over slower or if because Im using a Z6 starter on a Y8 block. Anyway any advise would be nice or possibly a fool proof fix?
By hondamonstercrew
PhantomEJ1 wrote:I just got my Y8 ive been building in the car and the only real problem that i got was the starter grinds. I don't know if its because i've got around 11:0:1 compression and the engine turns over slower or if because Im using a Z6 starter on a Y8 block. Anyway any advise would be nice or possibly a fool proof fix?

as far as i know the starters are pretty much the same anyways but i reckon the one u have is fucked mate maybe im wrong but im a newbie haha :?
By TrailerTrash
#310476 i had a similar problem after my last tranny swap. turned out that the starter wasnt in completely straight it was just slightly angled and it caused it to grind as soon as the car fired and you let off the key.

i overlooked it a few times trying to find the problem it was hard to see