D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 603 jdm
#310081 hey guys its been so long since i been on here, my buddy has a boosted d16y8 with precision 63 trim turbo, arp studs, all just rebuilt head and whatnot, but he still cant figure out why its overheating after just a few spools. he also has new wp,tstat, and mishimoto dueal core radiator with aftermarket push fan. any ideas?
By JUICE
#310085 be sure to get all the air bubbles out of the system. a dry block will burp air for a while. is it only doing it when he gets on it?
By 603 jdm
#310793 yeah he still has to run with the heat on and like 45 seconds after he shuts it off it still heats up then he shuts it off coasts, starts up and keeps going. and hes now running it with a built y7 head, he also had to upgrade to 100 octane gas bc he was getting detonation at high rpm. hes got it all tuned now i believe. it runs tit and pulls like a freight train on roids tho, hes runnign a precision ar63 trim turbo i believe. aem fic summit racing pistons golden eagle rods
By Chambers
#311006 Few questions to help diagnose the issues. Is the engine running lean? Is the cat or exhaust clogged or restricted? Were the water jackets in the block cleaned when it was last apart? Has the temperature sensor been checked for correct operation?