D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 706josh
#309794 Lately I've been noticing that my car idles very rough/low when it's hot out. Sometimes to the point where it shuts the car off. It even accelerates slower. I've searched and can't seem to find a reason why. I have no CEL on at all. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is there a fix? :?
By TrailerTrash
#309799 you could try these ideas
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f55/tro ... ms-259965/

but if your car is like mine its perfectly fine except when its hot out. my car never has an idleing problem but when its hot as hell out it idles really low... like 500rpms or so like just barley stays running. it doesnt have acceleration problems like yours and im not getting any CEL either. and its ONLY when its really hot. no spitting, sputtering, or stalling but it idles very very low :? and the tempature gauge isnt reading any hotter than usual
By 706josh
#309809 Yeah, mine doesn't stall very often. Mainly just idles low where it's close to shutting off. Temp gauge is normal as well. Thanks for the link! I'll check it out!
By EJ1_MK
#309896 That is pretty common, might check and adjust your idle screw on the throttle body. When it gets really hot out your intake air temp coming into your engine is also going to be hot so some times going to adjust to try compensate for what they call being heat soaked. And no that term is not just for forced induction cars. If you live in an area that has humidity and high temps this will happen.

But I would check and make sure your plug gap is correct maybe run a compression check simple stuff make sure your coolant is full.
By 706josh
#309918 Yeah, definitely high temp and humidity here. 105º and up the past few days. I guess I should start with the basics like you said. Coolant and such. We'll check it out and see what happens! :thumb: