D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By STOCK4DR
#308458 So ive got a b series ls motor with gsr trans in my garage i have thought about for a while on putting it in my eg sedan however i always wanted to stick with a d series motor for my car (just liked the single cam idea) and now ive come to a crossroad my b7 has intake,header,exhaust,a6 cam & valve springs, y8 camgear, z6 maniforld that is port matched to bseries throttle body. Im happy with the setup but it has come to where my car needs rings and plus it has 249,000 miles on it. so my main question do i rering my motor and stick with current setup or do i put b series in and go from there. and on a side note (will a stock ls motor and gsr trans be faster than my d with the mods i have) any input is appreciated i have no idea what to do and no real B series knowledge. :?
By TrailerTrash
elrompetoto wrote:Yes if ur ls is running right it will be faster then ur single cam

thats what i think aswell.

but on the other hand you could pull out your b7 and drop in a JDM D15B or a Z6 and an ex/si tranny and have a setup that would probably run door to door with a stock ls.
By familyEGuy23
TrailerTrash wrote:
elrompetoto wrote:Yes if ur ls is running right it will be faster then ur single cam

thats what i think aswell.

but on the other hand you could pull out your b7 and drop in a JDM D15B or a Z6 and an ex/si tranny and have a setup that would probably run door to door with a stock ls.

this :thumb: if you want to stay D and save gas