D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By moykaz
#307543 I have a Honda Civic CX 94 (D15B8) and I need more info if will fit this header on my car:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-2-1-STAINLESS ... 249wt_1185

or this one other:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-STEEL ... 991wt_1185

Here some pics of my car:

one more thing, gas consumption will increase or will be reduced?
By dbrooks
#307545 both of those headers will work.
By suspendedHatch
#307567 You have your catalytic converter right on the exhaust manifold so you're going to need to get a new one and relocate it, and you'll have to have an exhaust shop do the piping because it's a different length than what those headers are made for.

What engine is that?
By moykaz
suspendedHatch wrote:You have your catalytic converter right on the exhaust manifold so you're going to need to get a new one and relocate it, and you'll have to have an exhaust shop do the piping because it's a different length than what those headers are made for.

What engine is that?

By teal_dx
dbrooks wrote:both of those headers will work.

They will both bolt up to the head, but they won't bolt up to the rest of his exhaust.

What I would do is first check to see if your mid pipe is the same length as one from a civic DX or Si. I think it will be. Then get the cat converter from one of those cars. Now you'll be ready to buy the header that you posted in your first link. Right now your car has the cat on the header instead of after, so the header on ebay won't be long enough because it is for the models with the cat after the header. Since the CX is the weakest motor of all the 92-95 civics, nobody makes performance parts that directly fit it. You'll beed to change your cat to a dx or si exhaust setup to get that header to work on your car. :thumb:

So where the ebay listing says
Direct Bolt-On Installation, Requires NO Modification
that's only true if you have a d15b7 (dx or lx) or d16z6 (ex or si) not a direct bolt on for cx or vx owners.

And where it says
Increase High Flow Air, Instantly Gain 10 -15 Hp. / Tq.
is a load of BS. You'll be lucky to get any additional power out of a D15b8. The header will probably reduce your back pressure which may cost you low end power.
By d-mon
#307621 ^^^what he said :D
if its a 16v d15b8, do a mini-me with a y8 head, then header + catback, then ex/si trans.
By moykaz
#307655 thanks a lot!!