D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By SedanGang515
#307202 Im currently shopping for an exhaust, i have a d16y8 on my eg sedan.
any advice on which one would sound best with price in consideration.

Thanks any help appreciated
By Rotary_EG4dr
#307205 don't know whats on my car, but i like how it sounds. i'll see if i can find any markings on the muffler and report back for ya. :o
By SedanGang515
#307214 200
By FG2_Andrew
#307225 Lately there have been 3 or 4 exhaust threads, try searching one of those, use google.

And $200 will get you an axleback or eBay setup.
By Rotary_EG4dr
#307236 Mine looks to be an Exhaust shops work, and has a Magnaflow Muffler on it. sounds nice 8)
By SedanGang515
#307468 Sorry if this question is dumb but, will it fit my eg sedan? Ive looked it up online but all i see is coupe and hatchback!

I saw a couple of videos and i like the way it sounds. Im want to order it and replace my stock fart can lol
By JohnRM
#307471 Use the coupe when trying to find an exhaust system for the sedan.
By Rotary_EG4dr
#307472 i believe the exhaust dimensions should be the same from Sedan/Coupe. they are at least similar lengths..

someone who's a little more knowledgeable from here should pipe in soon enough lol
By SedanGang515
#307476 Decent!!! Plby gonna order it this week after my isb replacement
By EG Love
#308147 Chassis lengths:

160.2 in (4,069 mm) (hatchback)
172.8 in (4,389 mm) (coupé)
173.0 in (4,394 mm) (sedan)

So I'm assuming a coupe exhaust would fit directly onto a sedan
By FG2_Andrew
#308228 when people are buying exhausts they automatically think coupe/hatch are similar and sedan is all alone.

exterior parts are interchangable between coupe/hatch.
sedans are different.. BUT as far as length, sedan/coupe are similar. and hatch is shorter. EG Love, thanks for sharing and pointing OP in the right direction!
By brandoff88
#308276 hey good info on the chassi length im sure that will help alot of people we should put that on a sticky somewhere, might clean up all these questions about exhaust systems, seems to me that with coupe/sedan on the sedan if you ordered coupe exhaust it would be a wee bit shorter, but you should also take into consideration the hanger postions, as when i ordered mine it had stock hanger placement, and i have never been under a sedan so im not sure how its set up, im guessing relatively similar but not sure.