D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 92civic_vx
#307190 i have a d16a6/z6 minime in my hatch, about 2 months ago i replaced my thermostat due to my lower hose sucking itself in and no heat. everything has been good until friday on my way home from work it started to get a little hot. got home and let it cool off then opened my radiator cap and it was empty but my overflow bottle was soaked and filled to the top. :? i am wondering if my HG is leaking. oil is good no coolant mixed in it, coolant is clean no oily residue found. i replaced the rings and all gaskets on the engine about 3k miles ago. could it be possible that the HG would cause all my coolant to be forced out to the overflow?
By 92civicEGsedan
#307191 i had the same problem a few weeks ago and i had a blown head gasket so i bet that is whats wrong with your head gaskest
By 92civicEGsedan
#307192 did you look in the coolant in the over fill tank? if you didnt you should and is it dirty?
By 92civic_vx
#307196 coolant in overflow is clean, gonna do a cooling system pressure test tomorrow. tools are all at work :thumbdown:
By 92civic_vx
#307336 okay, pressure test was good, no leaks. also did a compression test and results were 190, 194, 190, 192 each time i turned the engine over for 3 rotations. i did find that my ect sensor clip the ground wire was corroded at the base and was loose. i replaced the radiator cap and am looking for a new plug for the ect sensor, i am guessing with the bad clip that it could be why my fan wont kick on :?
By 92civicEGsedan
#307343 im haveing the same problem with my fan but i dont know whats wrong with mine soon ima wire it straight to the battery to see if it will work if it does ima probably wire a switch to it where i can just flip the switch after i crank the car so it will come on but im hoping i just have a bad sensor or something and that my fan motor isnt burnt up
By teal_dx
#307367 Could there be a leak anywhere else that would allow air to enter your coolant system? Maybe water pump, thermostat housing, old hose? If you're losing coolant and allowing air in the system, that creates an air pocket which will prevent coolant circulation, leading to the coolant getting too hot and boiling over into the overflow tank.
By 92civic_vx
#307369 I did a pressure test at 15 psi and it held with no pressure loss for five mins. Found no leaks or drips anywhere. Could the cap be why I was losing coolant, that with the fan not turning on?
By 92civic_vx
#307375 I got a new cap today at work, I just found a spare clip that fits the eat sensor. It came off of the power steering pressure switch from my old sedan. So I will be wiring that in tomorrow,hopefully this works.