D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By rtegra92
#305697 1. is the 7.5 compression ratio for a Z6 livable, realistic, popular, worth it?

2. are the ycp pistons stronger than oem vitara pistons?

3. can the vitara pistons really sustain 400 hp?

any real life - concrete - first hand experience would be appreciated
By bOOsted_Z6
#305699 im almost positive that vitara pistons are capable of the 400 horse mark, ive seen it many times and i dont doubt it considering how popular they are. now for your question on the YCP pistons, i personaly think they are better just based off the things i have read and researched myself. the ycp's are coated and are balanced at 0.1g, vitars have only one oiling hole on each of the wristpin bosses as were the ycp's have 2 on each boss. As far as your other question about the 7.5 compression, ive never heard about it. hope my info helps :thumb:
By rtegra92
bOOsted_Z6 wrote:im almost positive that vitara pistons are capable of the 400 horse mark, ive seen it many times and i dont doubt it considering how popular they are. now for your question on the YCP pistons, i personaly think they are better just based off the things i have read and researched myself. the ycp's are coated and are balanced at 0.1g, vitars have only one oiling hole on each of the wristpin bosses as were the ycp's have 2 on each boss. As far as your other question about the 7.5 compression, ive never heard about it. hope my info helps :thumb:

any input is good thanx :thumb:
By flyinryan122
#305731 The compression ratio can be compensated by decking the block a HOLE LOT haha. Or you can get rods that compensate. Like from RC Autoworks.