D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By JDMLYFE
#305426 i have a stock d15, headers and intake, im looking to spend 100-150 on a muffler, was wondering what i should get, i know i dont have alot of power, but i HATE loud fartcans, i want something very quite while crusing but has a nice deep tone when i step on it
By JDMLYFE
#305429 yea i was thinking vibrant, but someone told me there still loud, i was also thinking magnaflow,
By JDMLYFE
#305450 my cat im pretty sure is done, and whats b pipe lol
By bOOsted_Z6
#305598 im running a Genki Tunning axle back can with a custom built exhaust and its got a real nice tone to it all through the rpm range. just my .02, i hope you find what you lookin for :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#305613 What motor?
By JDMLYFE
#305705 its a d15 non vtec, intake and 421 headers, just looking to spend up to 200 for a muffler
By FG2_Andrew
#305709 I know d15, but b8, b7?
By dbrooks
#305710 I don't know if the motor really matters at this point. He's just looking for a non-fartcan, cheap exhaust.

I'd look into Yonaka exhausts. You get a full system from your cat all the way to the muffler for about $250.

It sounds very nice, as well.

Here's a sound clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_mqdJ5HuMM
By FG2_Andrew
#305757 if it's a B8, i wouldn't even bother.

if it's anything else, dbrooks is on point, Yonaka is the way to go. unless you just want a muffler instead of a whole catback..
By JohnAWESOME
#306657 I am in the same boat.

I have a all stock vx with no axle back and have been looking for something to put on that isn't a fart can. Looked at the yonaka and it looks like it fits well just not sure if I like the 4 1/2" tip.

Are there any other anyone knows about?
By JDMLYFE
#306979 i just picked up a vibrant muffler for 100 bucks and i love it, its quiet but has a nice sound when i step on it, 2.5' tip