D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By josh26
#305043 hey guys, this is probz a noob question, but im only 16 and trying to broaden my knowledge,

im wanting to put p29/pm7 pistons in my engine. does anyone know a good website to get these piston heads from. i found some on ebay for $ 150 a set or something like that, but i dont trust pistons if they are that cheap
any info at all would be great :thumb:
By d-mon
#305101 p29 and pm6 pistons are shorter, and will give you a LOWER compression ratio than the pm3 pistons in a d15b7, unless you use some different connecting rod.
By josh26
#305280 ive had a look on that zeal auto works site, and its saying that with y8 head gasket and p29 piston it will raise compression from 9.28 to 10.03.
i have also read about other people doing this and it turning out correctly ?
also isnt it the pm7 is the jdm code for the p29?
By d-mon
josh26 wrote:ive had a look on that zeal auto works site, and its saying that with y8 head gasket and p29 piston it will raise compression from 9.28 to 10.03.
i have also read about other people doing this and it turning out correctly ?
also isnt it the pm7 is the jdm code for the p29?

lol, pm3=30mm, p29=29.5mm, pm7=29.5mm
shorter piston=lower compression, you can't ignore the laws of physics.

according to Zeal:
d15b7 w/pm3 + y8hg = 9.51:1
d15b7 w/p29 + y8 hg = 9.50:1

p29, pm7 are only 'high compression' when used in a d16 with z6,y7,y8 head.
By bsnizzle
#305404 i wouldnt even really mess with the p29s really, they are higher comp like he said in a d16 but dont flow that well, stay with a piston that is flat like the pm3, kinda like think of how a water slide works but with air, you have air flow in and down towards the combustion chamber then on out the exhaust, so when you have that table top kinda shape to the piston in a head that has been designed for a flat piston its going to exhaust the hot air only so much and by the time that it goes to go intake fresh air you still have some heat absorption left cause of poor flow.

might sound stupid in a way the i worded things but for newbs on vaolumetric efficiency but dont want to sound to technical and get them lost lol.