D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 92civicEGsedan
#304966 i want to up grade my exhaust system but i want to get something that will bive me a deep tone not a pissed off bubble bee in a can tone what should i look for?
By teal_dx
#304970 Stick to name brand for a deep sound. The cheap exhausts you see on ebay might sound decent at first, but the sound packing will burn out and they will get obnoxious. Also nothing bigger than 2.5" or your D15b7 won't know what to with all that breathing room :thumb:

for a stock D15b7, you can even do 2.25". If you're ever planning on a swap, boost, or even a mini-me, I'd go with 2.5" :thumb:
By 92civicEGsedan
#304978 im new to this side of the car world so i dont know any brand name stuff haha im used to a 4x4 v8 with some glass pack slapped on it and i was happy
By teal_dx
#304981 Apexi, Skunk2, Magnaflow, Buddy Club, Thermal, Vibrant, Borla are all good brands. Basically if it's cheap on ebay and not a name brand and there's 10+ other sellers selling the exact same cheap exhaust- avoid it. For a good catback that will last, expect to spend over $400.
I'd even buy a used name brand exhaust instead of buying a cheap no-name one on ebay.

Check out Corsport, they sell quality aftermarket exhausts:
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalo ... ic&x=0&y=0
By FG2_Andrew
#305028 Heard decent things about Yonaka too
By dbrooks
EH2_andy wrote:Heard decent things about Yonaka too

x2

They're a pretty good price and a good tone. I recommend it :thumb:
By 92civicEGsedan
#308014 ok well im ordering me a 4-2-1 header on ebay since it is only $55 and when ever september gets here and i get my check for college ima but the whole exhuast system
By EG Love
#308145 i would save up for a decent system like everyone else recommended. my cousin bought a new dc-sports header, magnaflow cat, and skunk2 2.75" cat-back exhaust for like 1000 bucks a few years back and he agrees its been worth every penny. Yes it is way oversized but still sounded amazing lol. i bought a yonaka cat-back myself since they seem pretty good for under $300
By 92civicEGsedan
#308209 Yeah ima save up for the important stuff but I think it sounds pretty good now
By andyc
#308347 I had a tanabe super medallion once, very deep bass note and sounded awesome! tiny little bit of rasp at high revs but minimal, check them out :thumb:

By 92civicEGsedan
#308399 i might go that just depends on what i can find for cheaper at the time
By Rotary_EG4dr
#308633 when it comes to decisions like this i always remember this:

Cost, Reliability, Power,

Pick two ONLY
By 92civicEGsedan
#308700 Well my header should come tomorrow but I'm helping my grandpa for a few days so I'm 30 mins away from home so I won't be able to put it on my car till I'm done working
By EG Love
Rotary_EG4dr wrote:when it comes to decisions like this i always remember this:

Cost, Reliability, Power,

Pick two ONLY

Exactly

Low cost
Reliable
Fast

You can only have 2 when modding a car :thumb: