D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 92civicEGsedan
#308822 Yeah and I don't think my lil d7 will be much faster so ima save up for maybe a engine swap
By EG-T
#308885 I used to have the Apexi N1 and could not stand how loud and raspy it was on my d series.

I now have the Apexi WS and I love it. The tone is perfect and it has a clean look to it. It does not get raspy at high RPM's nor does it have a "tangy" sound. It is clean throughout the range.
By 92civicEGsedan
#309059 Yeah my uncle is a cheapo and he told me to gut my cat and put on a $20 fart can from eBay
By EG Love
#309206 Saving for a swap definitely sounds cool. Even a sohc vtec would be cool, that way you wouldnt need b series linkage, axles, throttle cable, mounts, rad hoses..
Yeah gutting the cat with a cheap muffler will give a nice bumblee rasp to your exhaust :P a nice high flow cat, resonator, and name brand muffler like teal mentioned should give you a really nice sound exhaust
By 92civicEGsedan
#309215 Yeah I'm not gonna do what my uncle says but I'm looking into a h22 swap but I might buy a coupe and do that to it
By 1992HondaCivicHatchDX
#312299 Ive got a 4-2-1 Ebay header, then a stock cat, and a 2.25" Magnaflow catback with 4" tip. It is the bets sounding civic around. It has NO raspyness what so ever, its a great deep muffle bass sound and sounds mean when flooring it. Please guys just because yonaka sounds good, and is 100$ cheaper than magnaflow, does not mean its a good buy. It will rust out within 2 years if you live in canada/Norhtern states. the extra 100$ is extremely worth it aswell as a lifetime warranty! :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#312302 ^ terrible info. It ALL depends on conditions like keeping your car dry, how offer you drive it, etc. I've had eBay exhausts that have held up for YEAAAAARS. And I've seen name brand stuff shit out in no time too.

OP. get what sounds good, is reasonable to YOUR budget, and take care of it and you'll have parts that last.
By jadeydrag0117
92civicEGsedan wrote:i want to up grade my exhaust system but i want to get something that will bive me a deep tone not a pissed off bubble bee in a can tone what should i look for?

whatever you do DON'T get this one[url][url] ...lol

when i bought my EG it had been already installed and with a d15b7 still saving for a swap it just sound ANNOYING .

id say get a HKS or look up "exhaust sound clips" with "d15b7" or "civic" if you really would like to be able to hear a variety

8)

GL !
By Wolfsbain
#312439 Just for my 2 cents. I'm running a eBay 4-2-1 header, eBay high flow cat, and the magnaflow full catback and it sounds great. If your gonna upgrade deff don't cheap out and you will be happy.
By 92civicEGsedan
#312523 yeah my budget is pretty good right now makin $500 a week :thumb: but im just gonna fix up the suspension for now and save up for a 4 wheeler and fix my truck to haul it
By 92civicEGsedan
#312526 and i love my ebay 4-2-1 header i could hear a difference in tone with it on
By 92civicEGsedan
#314178 well i was bored and decided to search honda civic with glass pack they sound alright so i could possibly do something stupid like that and put it on my car since i already have a glass pack from my truck and maybe has 3 months of use on it
By jhicks
#314181 those 20$ ebay exhaust fart cans arent bad. a buddy of mine bought one and it sounds pretty good. kinda deep sound.
By 92civicEGsedan
#314239 Yeah I put a glass pack on it and it is deep and loud around 3-4k rpms