D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#304596 first question/concern...SOMETIMES not always..when i try to start the car it wont start...it cranks over but just wont fire up...probebly something to do with spark or fuel...but i was wondering if this has happend to anyone before after doing this swap??

second..once again sometimes but not always..at idle it will rev up and down a little for a second and be ok..then do it again...mostly when i first start the car...and it does it makes no dif. if the car is cold or warm..does it at both times...??

and third....i went to wire up my vtec today and put the pins in my factory wire harness...but the A4 and D6 pins already had wires in them??...i didnt have time tonight to trace them and see where they end up..but i figured id ask about it any way...also my car is an LX sedan...i know the hatchs have them pre-wired up to the strut tower...but i thought my car doesnt have it pre wired?

any suggestions or help would be greatly appriciated :thumb: :thumb:

thanks in advance
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#304670 so solved questions 1 and 2 today...my car needed a distributor and thats why it didnt always start...

and i found out that my car was pre-wired for vtec from the ECU harness..but stopped at the shock towers...so it made my life a little easier when i wired up vtec...

but my car still surges at idle once in a while
By 92civic_vx
#304681 check your FITV, the plastic screw inside often backs out and causes idle to surge. take it off and open the back plate to find the screw, just screw it back in and replace the back cover then install and top off coolant. start her up and see if the surge went away. hope this helps :thumb:

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=14508
about 1/4 down the page