D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By vtec95
#304051 new to this forum and need help. got a 95 coupe with a 1.6 vtec in it. dont know much about it. anyways its began to spit and sputter. i was told by a friend of mine that is good with hondas to check to plugs. ive checked them. they were gaped at .050. i looked into the correct gap and its suppose to be .043. i regaped them to the correct gap. he also told me to change the fuel filter. did that also and its still doin it but not quite as bad. any suggestions?
By brandoff88
#304053 could possilby be injectors are clogged...thats really the only thing i can think of..maybe fuel pressure also..double check those things...that way you can rule out fuel system...i had that problem in my firebird but it was a chevy 305 and the jets in the carb were clogged after a rebuild it ran like a champ..thats why i am thinking possilbly the fuel system somewhere...
By vtec95
#304054 well ive ran fuel injection cleaner thru it twice. seafoamed it thru the vacuum line..
By vtec95
#304077 does it at all rpm while im tryin to drive. i cant give it alot of gas to take off cuz it sputters. yea the plugs were dirty. they were gapped at .050 and i regapped them to .043
By vtec95
#304095 i was told by another guy to check the cap as well. it has a warranty on it but advance wont check it unless i bring it in then they will b able to tell if its bad or not..
By slow4dr
#304116 Since you have checked the whole ignition system id start looking at the fuel pump injectors and maybe a distributor
By teal_dx
vtec95 wrote:i was told by another guy to check the cap as well. it has a warranty on it but advance wont check it unless i bring it in then they will b able to tell if its bad or not..

A cap & rotor are less than $20 (since you're not buying OEM). If you can't bring the car to them then just get new ones, then take the old ones in when you get the time.
By fatcoupe
#304165 this same thing happend on my b20...replaced and lot and couldnt find it. when i did my b20vtec i discovered it was because i had a burnt valve. pull your header off and just take a peak..mine were bright white.