D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Chambers
#303443 Hi all,

I have the Jackson Racing Supercharger on my D16Z6, today on the way to work I noticed a little odd sound, then on my way home I made a right turn and heard this terrible screeching sound. I got home and checked the engine out, sure enough the alternator pulley had rubbed against the sub-frame/ body. I have ~450 miles on the set up, I guess the new motor mounts are "broke in" and the engine settled. The ALT is TOAST! From a visual inspection and the sounds it was making I would say the bearings are shot in it and I need a new one... and a BFH... Also, the supercharger pulley it self had rubbed against the shock tower :shock: So for anyone planning on this, test fit and use your hammer to make room. I will have a few pics to post up when I tear into it.
By TrailerTrash
#303448 ive read many many JRSC threads on many different forums back when I had mine and was going to install it and ive read this a few times. im not exactly sure what the cause is but most people just use a hammer as u said
By Chambers
#303574 Yea, I saw it a few places, but it looked ok when I put the engine in so I ran with it. So here are some pics:

This is the alt that "went bad" turns out the pulley actually planted it self on the frame and loosened the nut that holds it on, so the bearings were not "bad" the input shaft just wore down like crazy. You can see the weird angle the pulley is in the pics.

Here is where I hit the frame, you can see the many BFH marks, as well as where the pulley rubbed the frame: