D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By rustyrex
#302454 I have a 95 cx hatch it had a d15b8. I am swapping in a d16a6 from my old crx. From everything I have read it says I have to use the b8 dizzy, intake manifold and everything that is connected to it and the alternator. I have some question though.

The distributor.
I kept the b8's td41u. But, it has a bad ignition module. Will the one from the a6 work? Also, when I finally bolt it on do I still use my a6 plug wires? I will be using a msd modified cap if that makes a difference.

The intake manifold.
Why can't I use the A-side stuff. I know its pre obd1. My thinking is to use everything from the a6 except the injectors. I can swap the injector but keep the a6 fuel rail, intake manifold and throttle body. It looks like it will work except the map sensors. I bought a new map sensor for the b8, I'm thinking I could use the a6 throttle body and run a short length of vacuum line between the nipple on the throttle body and the nipple on the map sensor. I still have the firewall mounted map sensor for the a6. Iswill my idea work or could I use the firewall mounted one.

The alternator.

Do I have to swap them?

I'm asking these question because I do not want to use the b8 intake manifold. It is incredibly small and I don't want to choke my motor.
By teal_dx
#302466 I don't see why you can't use the a6 intake manifold. If all the sensors are still able to be used then you should be fine. The vac line to the firewall map is ok too. I say try it. If the plug on your harness fits the a6 alternator, then you can use that too. Not sure on the dizzy, have you tried bolting the b8 dizzy on to see if al 3 bolts line up? does your harness plug fit the a6 dizzy?
By rustyrex
#302467 The alternator plugs are the same. That's awesome about the map sensor. I have been researching this swap for like 8 months and everyone I have asked said I have to without a doubt use the b8 intake manifold. But every sensor is the same one both motors they are just in different spots. The dizzy plugs are different though. I believe they have different pulses. What ever that is. I am gonna try to repin the a6 dizzy. If it doesn't fire up ill either find a obd1 dizzy to bolt up or cut the mounts off of the a6 and tig them to another one LOL.
By teal_dx
#302468 If all the sensors are There You are Good to go, you may have to lengthen a couple of wires. I've never wrenched on an a6... They use the same dizzy bolt pattern as the d15b7 I'm guessing?
By rustyrex
#302469 I'm not sure which bolt pattern they match. People keep saying a td41u dizzy will bolt right on. I will find out tomorrow. And my crx had a po6 ecu in it. Can I use that? I thought the po6 was a obd1