D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By LionHearted1
#302158 Howdy, thanks for taking the time to look at this.

I recently came across an engine build called the D15Beast7.
Found it on SOHCHonda.com and from a number of other Honda websites that focus on building the criminally underrated D series.
The guy that perfected the idea used the name 'Mista Bone' or sometimes 'Transzex'

I'm extremely interested in this build and would like to get the ball rolling.

From what I've gathered, this is what it consists of...
D15b7 head and block
D16a6 Camshaft
D16z6 intake manifold
D16Y8 Cam gear
B18B1 Throttle Body, port matched to the Z6 intake manifold.

It should EASILY put down about 115chp. Maybe even more.

Am I missing something? From what I know, the build consists mostly of OEM Honda parts that he's pulled from various other D series engines.

I had a couple of questions that I'm hoping that someone more familiar with this build can help me with...

1) What is the correct timing belt/water pump to use with this combination? The B7? I haven't read anything that says otherwise.

2) Apparently the timing from this will be exactly 1/2 tooth advanced, can this cause any damage to my engine? Would my best bet be to just buy the AEM adjustable cam gear and dial it in from there?

3) Does anyone know of a write-up for this build online? Something with pictures that I can use as a reference guide? The only thing I'm really unsure of myself with is the actual camshaft swap, I believe I shouldn't have any problems past that.

4) Does anyone have a D16a6 camshaft for sale?

Thanks for your time.
By JUICE
There is no detailed thread on the whole build, but he also posted it on D-Series.org where I am the #1 post whore with over 36k posts.

I perfected the 118 whp build in 1999 and i has been repeated by other members.

SOHCHonda.com is still around? I was second in command there behind the owner Mike.

Now I do feel old :)

D15B7, A6 cam, Z6 intake, Y7/8 cam gear, stock P28, AEM CAI, Stillen header, 2.25" exhaust thru OEM cat.

Just like dropping in a hot 327 Chevy cam into a 283 with a LT1 intake.
By LionHearted1
#302197 Oh, I'm so glad he's still around! Thanks for asking him. I really appreciate it. Looks like all I need now is to figure out which timing belt to use. :)
By LionHearted1
#302212 I think Im going to have to track him down...

Still can't find anything about the timing belt, and he said a stock P28 ECU, I'm curious if I can use the P08 with from the B7 without anything going bad.

Also curious about the MPGs on this build.
By LionHearted1
#302219 That's what I was wondering... :?

Bones is a genius with these engines though.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because the Z6 has a higher rev limiter.
and VTEC just doesnt activate, since its a nonvtec head.
By LionHearted1
#302225 Also...

UpgrayeddEJ2 has offered to sell me an A6 cam.

I'm not on this forum a lot, but I was wondering if anyone has dealt with him before?

Good guy? I just dont want to end up with the wrong cam, and be up shitcreek.
By DontHateonEG8
LionHearted1 wrote:Also...

UpgrayeddEJ2 has offered to sell me an A6 cam.

I'm not on this forum a lot, but I was wondering if anyone has dealt with him before?

Good guy? I just dont want to end up with the wrong cam, and be up shitcreek.

when i have to deal with new peeps i just paypal them the money (do not do the gift transaction) and if they "fuck you over" you can file a claim right away.

happened to me when I bought some clear corners on here. guy never shipped shit, never replied to me. i filed a paypal claim and 2 weeks later got my money back.