D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#301921 i just bought a y8 head..and i noticed that im missing some bolts(circled in red)....but not sure if im missing more than just the bolts..in the first two pics it shows the bolts and what else i THINK may be missing (circled in green) what is that "thing" called...what is the purpose of that thing and can i make it work with out it by just using the bolts like the last two pics show???any help at all would be great thnks in advance!! :thumb:

oo and what is the correct term for the circled bolts if anyone knows??

70673DSCN0653 by Busone10, on Flickr

1_825_PakWheels(com) by Busone10, on Flickr

4280105481_57ba9a7972_o by Busone10, on Flickr

tete moteur hybrid aout 2008 008 view 1 by Busone10, on Flickr
Last edited by 1-low-92-EG-Sedan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By EJ1_MK
#301923 The last two pictures are of a non-vtec head and I just scrapped that peice that you are missing and the bolts.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=1998&catcgry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=CYLINDER+HEAD+%28VTEC%29

And that should help you it holds the lost motion assembly and those bolts are your cam cap bolts as well.
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#301940 i was looking for a diagram of the head/motor all night...i had no such luck...thanks so much bro :thumb: :thumb:

i was tarting to stress out about all this haha
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#301985 i also have another question...i bought a chipped p28 ecu as well...and im wondering if i woould be able to put it in my car now...with the stock D15B7 engine??...will it mess anything up??...or will it just make the car run like shit...im just curios to try and see how my car would run with that ecu
By EJ1_MK
1-low-92-EG-Sedan wrote:i also have another question...i bought a chipped p28 ecu as well...and im wondering if i woould be able to put it in my car now...with the stock D15B7 engine??...will it mess anything up??...or will it just make the car run like shit...im just curios to try and see how my car would run with that ecu

it will be fine it will just throw a codes for the vtec missing and stuff like that other wise you will be fine