D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By sktaroins
#301687 Hi guys iam a carburetor guy, :)
My name is Sam and iam Lebanese half Spanish,
They call me skootcho or Sktaroins on some other forums.
Im new here and I herd about it from my friend at dodo's
Not sure if talk goes around, anyhow iam brought up in dubai and I work in the airport.

My mom passed away and she had 2honda's civic ex and civic el.

My sis crashed the civic ex with a trailer truck ...
The other one remained im the garage for sometime until I grew up and understood its parameters. Was complicated but recently when my mom passed away
I fell in love with my moms car and I rebuilt the whole engine basically.
I removes the stock intake and kept The 1989 Honda accord dx carburetor
Double barrel , and I mounted KnN filter on top.

I then removes the stock exhaust and kept borla.

Tue performance was much greater but I havent done anything much after that.

Its top speed currently is 170km/h about 12 sec..

Plz what can I do as my next step?
By teal_dx
#301695 Welcome to the forum! Let me understand... You had a D15b7 and you removed the intake, fuel injection, etc. and converted it to carburated using a carb from an 89 accord? That is a lot of work, I wish I knew carburetors as well as you!
By sktaroins
#301815 :) thats right bro, it was a headache but now im thinking of full msd package .
The atomic efi throttle carburetor 4 barrel. But the msd is computer controlled which I dont like.. Im into full manual control .. The way I figured it out is how it pumps and does the combustion is my focus. But as well as pressure and how much load the engine can take especially on corners ... I like to hit the gas and be on fast speed lol.

I felt that the 1989 carburetor which is a carburetor and not like a .. More or less a box of the previous intake well vacum but however I felt it was more close to the engine cylinders, I could feel faster flow and distribution.

Only when I figured the in and outs of the carb and its new intake and also took cares of the vacum pipes , surprisingly the 1989 intake of a 1.5 dx accord fits same size on the 1.5L head of the d15b7.

The good thing about the carburetor is if you keep it clean , no need for the filters at all,
It breathes better and it controls at wat speed shift u want for ur 1st cylinder..
I hope iam making sense..

I shift at 60km/h on second gear
120km/h shifted to third gear
160km/h shifted to fourth
180 shifted to 5th but at that speed it takes too much time like consuming drag..
It stays 180 :(

Im thinking of full msd or a way of adding weight to the car body or engine something gotta do with pumping or gravity pull .
But im thinking of an external boost not connected to engine but more on wheels..
U know how those small electric cars work.. U pull them back and then u release it ..
It goes forward at a high speed by itself to a certain limit and then cuts off.
Lol
My mind gets those crazy ideas..
Let me see how I can get boost this baby with speed increase but not the kick back feel u know.. I dont like that all of a sudden.