D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By eg6 Driver
#301558 i recently swap my d16z6(it was burning oil) motor to a d16a6 mini me. my oil light come of and on when im driving but today something that scare me was that it stall in first gear when i was at the stop light. when i switch it 2nd gear it stall a bit then back to normal. the oil would still come of and on random.

i research a bit and it indicate that i dont have enough oil(it has oil), oil pressure switch might be bad, or sign of failing oil pump. it doesnt have check engine light.

im going to test out the oil pressure switch from my old z6 block when it stop raining.

i found somethign that might be similar to my problems but it doesnt really answer my question http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?p=280059

what do you think/suggest?
By Classiccarsrule85
#301560 i had a similar issue in my b series oil pump ended up going big time, same goes for my buddy who had a b16 id say since it is a d16a6 --88-91--civic/crx si --and rt4wd---that is probaly the oem oil pump something that no one ever really changes and due to its age id probaly change it.
By teal_dx
#301562 One more thing to ask, since you did a mini-me... On the A6 block, was there an oil jet on the head mounting surface, between the #2 and #3 cyls? If so, it should have been removed when putting on a vtec head for a mini-me setup.
The vtec heads do not need the restrictive oil jet.

I'd try swapping oil pressure sensors next. If it still happens then your oil pump might be on its way out.
By eg6 Driver
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:i had a similar issue in my b series oil pump ended up going big time, same goes for my buddy who had a b16 id say since it is a d16a6 --88-91--civic/crx si --and rt4wd---that is probaly the oem oil pump something that no one ever really changes and due to its age id probaly change it.

that make alot of sense since the motor is old. did you keep on driving without knowing it was your oil pump? what did it do to the car like stall too?

teal_dx wrote:One more thing to ask, since you did a mini-me... On the A6 block, was there an oil jet on the head mounting surface, between the #2 and #3 cyls? If so, it should have been removed when putting on a vtec head for a mini-me setup.
The vtec heads do not need the restrictive oil jet.

I'd try swapping oil pressure sensors next. If it still happens then your oil pump might be on its way out.

we forgot to remove it lol but if we remove it i got to buy another head gasket and remove the head again, it will be the 3rd time :(

what happen if i dont remove the oil jet?
By slow4dr
#301595 Just some fyi adding to what teal said. The oil control jet not being removed will not let vtec fully engage it will sound like it and no check engine light but just won't be as strong due to not having the proper oiling.
By eg6 Driver
#301941 oil light still come on after replacing the oil pressure switch. im going to remove the oil jet next. i forgot that i have warranty on the head gasket so i could get a new one :)
By eg6 Driver
#302432 after a few days of driving with the new oil pump, i can confirm that the oil light is solve :D