D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#301006 ok..so i havnt been on here much lately..been busy working and paying bills and blah blah blah...lol...but any ways..for a general update on my car....i have been realistically thinking about my LS turbo swap...and i need about 3,000 to do the complete swap right..the way i want it done...i figure in the mean time...y not swap in a d16 vtec motor for now...im getting sick of my d15b7 i need a lil bit more power...so my question is.....

what do i really need for the swap to work right in my sedan??? motor and ECU??...and i beleive i have to run a wire for vtec...from my research thats all i need for it to work...am i right?? or am i missing things here??
thanks for the help in advance :thumb: :thumb:
By jrhdominos
#301094 You got it right bro...the motor and ecu, run wires for VTEC, and you're set...although honestly Id settle with the d15b7 until everything is cherry with the LS turbo...no sense in wasting money swapping ANOTHER d in there, IMO...Do a mini-me instead...20-25 hp gain, you dont have to take the motor out, etc...should be fine until you get that B in there :)
By bks84
#301106 Unless you're getting a great deal on the Z6 (by great deal I mean free), why waste the time and effort to swap the engine especially when you're building an engine for the car anyway?

That just doesnt make sense.
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#301143 well since you are all asking...the reason i want to get rid of the D15B7 and get the D16z6 is because i have over 210,000 on my b7 and i need to start replacing alot of things...(valve seals, timing belt, and possibly piston rings...and plenty more)....id rather not put money into the B7..id rather put money into the D16z6 to make it worth while....and on top of that my B7 is just too slow....the z6 will give me a bit more power

@jrhdominos- what exactly will i need for a mini setup??...it has crossed my mind..but i think ill get more out of my money if i just buy the whole D16z6 motor rather than just buying the head
By bks84
#301148 Im sure the B7 will last long enough for you to swap your LS in.