D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By aceboogie
#299245 So i was driving the other day and my car just randomly decided to stop and lose power. Now it wont start up. It would crank and try to start but now even after trying to jump it will not start or try to crank I was stuck on the road and my friend had to push me with his car. As i was getting pushed home i realized that all of my lights in my dash were beginning dim. I have checked for fuel and I am getting fuel. I have checked for spark and I am not getting any sparks from my cylinders. I have also changed my ignition coil in my dizzy and It still wont start. Any ideas? is this an alternator problem, overall dizzy problem or even something else? I'm stumped. :? BTW it is a d16z6 motor
By Punksz6
#299251 Did you try the Icm inside the dizzy as well? If not you can take that out and take it to your local AutoZone or Orileys autoparts store and have them test it. Try this if you haven't and then post back...just try the little stuff first, oh and check your grounds and wiring to the Alt from fuse box.
By aceboogie
#299259 isnt the ICM in the dizzy the ignition coil? if so I just replaced it today and I'm getting the same result and I'm going to check the grounds now
By aceboogie
#299263 Ok thanks...I'm going to check that and come back!
By Punksz6
teal_dx wrote:Image

That is the ICM :thumb:

Here's the coil:

I never heard of chain parts stores being able to test an ICM though :?

Thanks for the pics Teal dx. Yeah I took my ICM like 5 or 6 years ago to a Autozone and they tested it for me.
By aceboogie
#299519 Sorry I didnt get a chance to get to check the ICM yet but what are the symptoms of a bad icm?
By Apexracing
#299530 you said that your lights dim, did you try another battery?
By -paul
#299571 Maybe check your alternator too? Perhaps that has died, thus not charging your battery.
By aceboogie
#299593 i took my battery to autozone and they checked it and charged it and said it was fine. Maybe my battery is dying on me but I will check my alternator as soon as I can get my car started. I ordered a new dizzy and waiting on it to come so until then I cant really check any of my parts. I'm in college and dont have all of my tools that were back home
By aceboogie
#300321 well I changed my entire dizzy and main relay and I'm still not getting any spark to car. I dont know what to do. I'm like really fed up now and I been without a car for almost two weeks now and I need it back.
By bigpunn421
#300379 if your not getting spark and you checked the wires i would think it could be the main relay. you can fix it your self too.

also check the grounds and battery terminals
By bigpunn421
#300380 it could be the crank position sensor too. have that checked out
By aceboogie
#300381 I got a new main relay and dizzy and the spark plugs and wires are basically new like a month old. Btw I know this may sound dumb but I'm not good at wiring so where would my common grounds be?