D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By ALLMPGcivic803
#297724 K this is on my 91 civic but i figured id ask you guys noone here in town knows what going down and 4g.com sucks i can get in it drive to the store then go inside do my shopping come back out wont start but if i wait 5 or 10 mins fires right back up it only happens when the car has been off for like 10 mins anylonger and it starts fine and it doesnt do it every time appreciate the help guys one of these days ill have a questiuon for my 94
By m73
#297727 Sounds like a main relay to me.

Does it make a click noise before you start the car?
By Punksz6
#297743 Yeah try the Main relay first! You can take it out and re solder the joints inside. Mine did this too in the summer time. I took mine out and re-soldered it. Haven't had the problem again.

Let us know if this helps if not just post what your car is exactly doing when this happens. :thumb:
By ALLMPGcivic803
#297771 Yes it will crank but not start and like i said i wait 15 mins and it starts ill have to pull that relay and look at it
By TrailerTrash
#297775 i just had a very similair problem!

i tried new main relay and a bunch of other stuff turned out to be the coolant temp sensor not letting the car start when warm.
By ALLMPGcivic803
#297809 i wish this thing was obd2 then it would pretty much tell me whats wrong with it its raining today so no news yet maybe ill get to try tommorrow thanks for the help guys really appreciate it
By ALLMPGcivic803
#300656 figured i would rem post the main relay did fix the issue really appreciate the help guys